i'm feeling generous DONATIONS

mg196 said:
Rgr, you dont need a credit card for PayPal. When you sign up, you enter a bank account #.

Thanks for the update. Once the transfer goes through a donation of at least 25 smackers will be sent.

I am in for $50 which is 50% of the price I sold a unit to another AK member for. PM to the Grumpy one for the snail mail Addy.
Gary

Is it possible to send money to a Paypal account without having one ? Say, if I had the Paypal accout #, could I wire via my bank ?

Curious.

J

gyusher said:
You do need to back it up with a credit card. . . .

Oh well. PayPal doesn't know I shredded my credit card. :naughty: They'll see an account in good standing ,but with no activity, if they check on it.

The real problem with me is that all banking was done in the wife's name in Korea. It's done in my name here. If PayPal were smart they would freeze all my activity until they make sure there isn't some kind of scam going on. I mean hell, my wife can't get a driver's license or open her own bank account (doesn't this put a crimp in the tourist business?), but she can have a PayPal account that draws from an American bank account which is NOT in her name?
Now doesn't the Patriot Act give you the warm fuzzies? I know I feel safe. :stupid:

donations

donations lead to raffles.... c'mon folks lets raise some bread! maybe with donation post one can recommend a raffle item?

my request: Tivoli Radio w/ CD player and Sub; or a dream date with Grumpy! :lmao:

PS: everybody click the links at the tops of forum pages, some even lead to good sites, but its a source of revenue too!

Next to the "around a hundred tickets" I bought at the fest...I'm tapped out for a little while........yup...I paid for almost a quarter of Retros NHT's....but am proud of it!.....

Gary, I was feeling a little bad about all I spent on those, without winning, until I read YOUR post. Well, actually, you know I felt better REALLY quickly! A carload of gear will do that to you, every time.

If you want to kick this around, let me stir up the pot a little. Since I've been here, there has been the SX-1010, the MC2100, and the bottlehead pre. So, a SS receiver, tube power and tube pre. Which way do we move? Another amp? or do we move out on the chain. Source, or speakers? If source, digital or analog? If speakers, mini-monitors or HE? or something in between?

Digital source- CDP or SACD? Exotic?
Analog source- TT or tape? Wait, or Tuner? Tube tuner?

The caveat to this is that speakers, and at least some sources, may not generate the revenue that amps have done. Are they too subjective?

I know that I would take a shot at getting a source to upgrade my system. Maybe a Lector CDP, or Shanling (OOOOO-O-O-O) or another TT. As for speakers, there are some that are fairly universally recognized. Lansing Heritage Forum made a bundle raffling a pair of JBL L100's, but they pulled out ALL the stops on those, as some members here can attest. They got a chunk of change from me, in that one. But I recognize that my opinion doesn't always (seldom?) follows the majority. There are speakers that would get everyone's attention, but what would get YOUR $$$?

So, anybody care to address styler's q, or my subsections?

excellent points

you make good points and I AGREE. so hows that! can't satisfy everyone thats fer sure. some of the commanlities we all share are a love of well made gear (mostly vintage), good sound, new music, and getting turned back onto vinyl after visiting here.

maybe one of the classic TTs, or an esoteric speaker of some sort (not just a box) that anyone would be interested in hearing. another consideration is music... even small things like individual cds or LPs would easily pay for themselves if it were an interesting choice.

here's another idea.. The Music Box Raffle: members are encouraged to send in a NEW CD or LP of their favorite recording (NO BABS or TIAJUANA BRASS guys) and after a 4 or 6 week period it gets raffled... no outlay from the site, but proceeds go to the site.

other ideas:
low end maggies
sub woofer
signed autograph of steve hoffman

Here's an idear I just thunked up.....blame it solely on me.....how about raffling off one of our resident tech's labor? I know that's pretty presumptuous of me to offer someone else's labor but let me explain as I dodge the tomatoes....

If any of the professional (quasi and otherwise) were willing/interested in this then it would not only cost AK nothing to "purchase" the raffle item, but then there'd be actually two donations, the person granting the labor plus the person buying the raffle ticket.

Obviously there would need some criteria decided upon, to what extent the work would entail, whether it would be just for the labor (parts and S&H being extra), and some reasonable time frame---obviously paying work would take precedence.

Of course this opens up a myriad of other possibilities, the winner could conceivably opt for extra upgrades like more exotic components or mods because they were getting a freebie for the basic work.....the tech would this way get a little something extra for his agreeing to this nonsense in the first place (which probably is tax deductible on his end as he donated the labor).

Take this another step further, what about someone who builds or refinishes cabinets......dial faces.....etc. Pretty much anything that's more labor than parts intensive. Sweat equity is often more available than inventory with money invested in it.

Something to mull over (and spit out?)

Anthony

Back
Top Bottom