Im going to Akron/Cleveland from Cincinnati this Friday

Donkey!

AK member
This Friday I am going to the Akron area from Cincinnati Ohio.

I'll be pretty close to Cleveland so if anybody needs something brought from here to there or from there to here Im game.

-- -Adam

kc8mob said:
This Friday I am going to the Akron area from Cincinnati Ohio. -- -Adam

I'm sorry.

Pete

Just kidding! Well, kinda :) . Are you going to be around all weekend? I'll prolly be out most of Saturday (possible trip to Columbus) but you are of course welcome Friday evening or Sunday anytime, just drop me a line.

Whatcha you guys doing?

Im going on a grandma visit for her birthday and to help her set up her new TV and sound system that she has no idea to do with. All I know is she bought a complete Yamaha system from H.H. Gregg and she says
"There are 2 remotes and a whole bunch of wires"

I'll have fun, she stocks me with beer when Im there.

Grandmas kick ass. :yes:

Last edited:
Knowing Ron, I would guess we'll have a couple brews and listen to a couple different sets of speaks out of his speaker library of 5,000 on amps from .0000000000001 wpc all the way up his really big amps, maybe a watt or two.

:D but don't let it fool you - his itty-bitty amps on his high-e speakers (last time, old 50s' Zenith cabs w/ jbl components iirc) have driven subs into thermal shutdown :eek: .

Me, my Friday evening is typically a jam session. Sundays are puttering around the house/yard. You're welcome anytime.

Ageed, Grandmas rock! Have a good time and stop by if you can. Good luck with the wires!

pete

What Pete said, just without all the exageration.

I do have a few system components to mix and match.

Sometimes after some of my audio friends stop by, the living room will be full to where you have to back out through the kitchen to exit!

Ron

Adam

PM me if you wish to swap phone/directions!

You are more than welcome to join us and we don't get fancy, just some beer drinking guys who like audio and a good time!

Ron

Damn! That sounds like fun. I have to see about it because Im going with my dad. I only have a motorcycle and I really don't have the skill I need to go 220 miles one way. It's my first bike and I went overboard, so for being out of my league I have to be careful.

But right now Im working on maybe my friend and I making a road trip out of it. If I do, we're on!

-- -Adam

We like new members to the :

"wrongsideofthetracks" group.

We are a loosely knit(and wrapped) group of guys who like to have fun and sometimes build projects together!

PM me if you are passing through in the future for directions and contact info!

Ron

wrongsideofthetracks

I've been trying to find a good weekend to have a small gathering. I live up in West Chester, so please PM me and let's talk.

Here's a word of advice: DO NOT GO BY RON'S HOUSE; you'll be hooked. He's worse than a crack dealer :smoke: ......Colin

colinhester said:
He's worse than a crack dealer :smoke: ......Colin

:lmao:

Yep and don't believe that "true, without the exaggeration" bit either!!

Adam, have fun, and for goodness sake be careful on that bike! There's a lot of idiot car drivers out there. Stop in anytime, just drop me a pm.

Colin, will I see you there saturday?

Pete

I can't help it!

You guys are like "kids in a candy store"!

PS: I have more empty speaker cabinets to give away for free!

Ron :banana:

It really is a good thing I live so damn far from you Ron, I can just see myself spending waaaay too much time at your place and buying a van so I can carry stuff back and forth.

My wife should be thankful for 'geography'.

Got to get you here for that first trip!

By the way Bill, you have much nicer stuff than mine. I have all the old orphan cabinets missing drivers that e-bay'rs have gutted and slutted out!

I try and rescue them in case someone wants to try out a starter project or experiment.

We will see how things are when Bill Epstein finishes up my 704-8A cabinets. For those who don't know, they are modern clones of Altec 604-8K coax drivers which are going into a 10 cubic ft cabinet!

Ron

Billfort said:
It really is a good thing I live so damn far from you Ron, I can just see myself spending waaaay too much time at your place and buying a van so I can carry stuff back and forth.

My wife should be thankful for 'geography'.

Nice teaser there Ron! Looking forward to seeing what Bill E cooks up for your 604's (sorry, I mean 704's :) ).

kc8mob said:
I'll have fun, she stocks me with beer when Im there. Grandmas kick ass.
Give your grandma an extra hug on Mother's Day for those of us who never had a chance to meet ours.

Ok guys my plans just changed. Im going to be going that way not this weekend but the next. My buddy can't go this weekend and neither can my dad, but we, my friend and I, can get off work next weekend. So I don't know if you guys do stuff every weekend but if you do, count me in.

I can bring some of Yamaha gear as well, and tools. I have allot of tools. :yes:

colinhester said:
I've been trying to find a good weekend to have a small gathering. I live up in West Chester, so please PM me and let's talk.

Here's a word of advice: DO NOT GO BY RON'S HOUSE; you'll be hooked. He's worse than a crack dealer :smoke: ......Colin

Hey, I'm in Madeira. I'm game for a mini meet.

Back
Top Bottom