I'm gonna feel it in the morning

Awesome job Merry! I found that the hardest part of laying this type of flooring was starting, since there is no weight to stable the floor.

Got the door off, that sucker is 36" wide, and laid the flooring inside about 6" as all that is in there is the well pump and acid neutralizer. Found out that you can lay flooring sitting in an office chair and just leaning forward . Got all the baseboard and door trim back in place and enough flooring down to cover the underlayment. Today I will roll out some more underlayment and keep on putting it down. It is neat how their underlayment has an adhesive strip on it so that it sticks to the clear part of the strip already down.

Rob, you are my hero. I did my parents' floor when I was about 40 and my lower back ached for days.

Last edited:
Awesome job Merry! I found that the hardest part of laying this type of flooring was starting, since there is no weight to stable the floor.

That is exactly what slowed me down yesterday, but since the outer walls are 2.5" of semi rigid fiberglass I cut some bits of 3/8 ply 2.25" wide and let the first row bung up against those blocks.

Already have the second underlayment down and four rows started, just taking a break at the moment. Before I can do any more underlayment the stereo and my PC and printer will have to move. We also have one of the freezers in here that will have to slide into the laundry storage area. Who knows this whole place might be organized by next year.

Looks great Rob. As you progress, it really looks more and more like a finished room, and that's a great motivator.

Thanks, well now I have to let the glue dry on these last few rows because I have a bunch of stuff to move before I can put down the next roll of underlayment.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 17
Well I got 13 boxes of flooring moved onto the finished part. There were twenty boxes originally and if not for Jim (ehoove) most of them might still be sitting in the driveway. If I recall properly he carried 17 or 18 of them down into the playroom. We figured they are somewhere between 35 and 40 pounds each. I pulled the old metal bottons from the chair legs and put felt pads on the feet, waiting for slipcover. Got a bunch of 2-track tapes moved along with blank tapes. Today I must do some overdue maintenance on the chairlifts so the floor can wait.

It's looking great Rob, let me know if you need some help moving things. My cold is just about cleared up, so I feel OK about a visit.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks, probably one evening this week as I devoted today to chairlift maintenance. Starting tomorrow I will disconnect the stereo and move tapes, CDs, RTR, TT etc. That entertainment center is a mere 140 pounds by itself though.

Progress, first I emptied the entertainment center then we laid it on its back. Found that it has two legs in the middle as well as four on the corners. Fitted some furniture sliders on all six legs. Once one end was on the wood I just slid it over to the alcove. I had put the 3020 on my office chair so I just wheeled it over.

A set of "wheels" arrived earlier this week so I levered the freezer onto wood blocks and put the wheels under. They roll nice - in a straight line - don't turn corners worth a damn. Wheeled it over in line with the door to the laundry area. Took the wheels out, turned it 90 degrees and put the wheels under again. Wheeled it through the door, took the wheels out and pushed it into place.

So far I have another 6-1/2 rows glued in place. When I get to the posts I wll disconnect the PC and put furniture glides on the desk and slide it onto the new floor. The big printer has wheels so it is no problem. Might be finished by Easter.:D

Correction 7 rows I just finished the last half row.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Rob,
It is looking great, and a new position for the Yamaha rig too!
Regards,
Jim

Only temporary for the stereo because there will be two tables in there so that I can haul out the two big dollhouse kits when all the room building is done.

Thanks guys, well I moved the computer and an Ikea record cabinet and got the underlayment down. It would seem that the builder did not quite get the I beam exactly parallel with the front wall. That ought to make the drop ceiling intteresting because I have to box in the beam along with some ductwork. Maybe I can steer the boxing more toward the front wall at the window end.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 12
Rob, I'm tired just looking at the pictures, it's looking really good!

Back
Top Bottom