I'm prepping for whatever.....

The zombies are our biggest threat - just remember to shoot them in the head and for God's sake get a 12 gauge, a .410 will just piss them off.

There are five super volcanoes in the world - one is Yellowstone National Park and the surrounding area. When it blows we are all done for and its in the later half of its 150 million year estimated eruption cycle. (OK, should have read all posts first.)

Don't forget the Lucifer's Hammer scenario - be prepared to fight off the cannibal army.

If anarchy reigns luck is one of the driving forces of survival. Another is how one responds to the most stressful long term unknowable course of events you'll ever face. No one knows that until they actually come face-to-face with it, just ask any combat veteran.

Wiggie - The Boy Scouts taught us what you're preaching.

Last edited:
The zombies are our biggest threat - just remember to shoot them in the head and for God's sake get a 12 gauge, a .410 will just piss them off.

There are five super volcanoes in the world - one is Yellowstone National Park and the surrounding area. When it blows we are all done for and its in the later half of its 150 million year estimated eruption cycle.

Don't forget the Lucifer's Hammer scenario - be prepared to fight off the cannibal army.

If anarchy reigns luck is one of the driving forces of survival. Another is how one responds to the most stressful long term unknowable course events you'll ever face. No one knows that until they actually come face-to-face with it, just ask any combat veteran.

Hot fudge Sunday?:D I always thought 'Lucifer's Hammer' would make a great flick.:smoke:

One good reason to have hunting and fishing skills becuase it might become necessary for survival.

Wild game loses it's gamey taste after being frozen a few months especially when bolied.

Good to know ice will still be available. :thmbsp:

The super volcano under Yosemite is overdue for a pop. If all goes according to the estimates, it'll be those who go in the initial blast that will be the lucky ones .

Yeah, that's the one that I'd be most concerned about. It's overdue, it's huge, and it's gonna be ugly.

About all people in its path can do is bend over and kiss their ass goodbye.

Don't you guys mean Yellowstone?
Yosemite is where you go when you want to fall off of a tall cliff.

Don't you guys mean Yellowstone?
Yosemite is where you go when you want to fall off of a tall cliff.

Good eye! If you want to fall off that cliff, get in line...I've only visited once since the days of Firefalls Over Glacier Point and it's turned into a zoo during the summer. Good tip is to visit after school is back in session.:yes: I have it on good authority Cali will be saved if Jellystone blows it's top, Booboo.:D

At least no one has pinned an exact date on the Yellowstone volcanic eruption like the 12-21-2012 Mayan apocalypse.

Everybody plan to eat late that day ... it'll buy us a couple hours anyway ...

I just got done reading Harry Turtledove's Supervolcano, installments one and two.

10714831.jpg

He's an alternate history kinda guy. Not his best work, but there's some good science behind the stories of survival in the aftermath ...

Thanx for making me look for the pic ... I see book #3 is due out around xmas ... assUming we make it that long ... <gloom>

Back
Top Bottom