I'm Secret Santa to ??????

I am really stuggling trying to find a gift for my recipient. What do you get someone who seemingly has everything? I PM'd a couple of his AK friends about ideas, but haven't heard back, it's been 3 days with no reply. Looks like I am flying solo on this one.

I'm in the same boat. Yaargh. :sigh:

Now you guys have me worried again. Initally, I was worried about finding something...that's passed a bit, since it's on its way to my door to get re-sent.

Now i'm concerned with what i'm getting...all part of the fun, I suppose...but man, am I suspicious of what could end up at my doorstep:D

Started getting stuff ready for the small, additional add-on to the main show. Should be interesting, to say the least:yes:

I knew right away, what I wanted to get. (I got lucky in the draw, and, no, it wasn't rigged. I run a fair draw. Always.) The problem was finding it. I'm over that hurdle, now. Just have to wait till it comes in, for resending.

I don't mind using any of the big online guys for gifts, but it has been my experience that smaller companies often mess up the 'gift' instructions, even including a packing list with my name on it, or even prices on an invoice. I take no chances now.

BTW, I am always amazed at the creativity in gift-giving shown by the participants, every year. The annual "What'd you get?" threads, in this forum. have some pretty cool stuff on display.

I don't mind using any of the big online guys for gifts, but it has been my experience that smaller companies often mess up the 'gift' instructions, even including a packing list with my name on it, or even prices on an invoice. I take no chances now.

I figure mine is going to get to the recipient with the packing list/invoice in it, but I also figured that knowing the company in question, I'd never get it in time to re-ship to the recipient. I picked time as the lesser of two evils.

Did you know that Taco Bell has gift certificates as well ?
Part A has arrived still waiting for part B.
I'll pick them up tomorrow. McDonald's was fresh out.:D

Did you know that Taco Bell has gift certificates as well ?
Part A has arrived still waiting for part B.
I'll pick them up tomorrow. McDonald's was fresh out.:D

Wendys just switched over to natural-cut fries with seasalt,so, I mean, those have to be healthy, right?:D

I think the major order will get here tomorrow, and i'll have it out in a couple days - so I hope it gets there early. Big D'oh moment of the day - my receipient lives in the same state as where the package is coming from *facepalm* it's coming all the way to here, only to go right back. Granted, it'll be a little heavier on the second trip, but still.

Luvvinyl said:
BTW, I am always amazed at the creativity in gift-giving shown by the participants, every year. The annual "What'd you get?" threads, in this forum. have some pretty cool stuff on display.

Haw...watch me buck a trend:D, nothing really, really creative...but there's time still (there was...finally time)

Now I'm not going to give anything away here -- but I received the member who I am to be his or her Secret Santa and MY GOSH !! this will be fun and very challenging. I checked some of their posts and profile and I have to tell you this I AM STUMPED as to what to buy .
This will take some deep thought!!
BUT DAMN WHAT FUN !!!
James (JHS2RT):scratch2::scratch2:

UPDATE---- I'm still stumped --but I have my thinking cap on .:scratch2:

Well, my victim's present has been purchased and will shipped soon. Like I stated earlier in this thread, this year was a tough one, but I hope they will be pleasantly surprised.

The few, the loud, the perplexed!

You guys are gifted (or will be)! I keep laughing out-loud! Anyway, the stuff for my victim arrived yesterday, and goes out today! I've got my fingers crossed that he doesn't already own them... :scratch2: I don't think I could dislike anything given in the "Secret Santa" spirit! It's like socks from Grandma... at least you know she cares! :) Plus, since this process it voluntary, we're all doing it because it just so darn fun! :) Right? :yes:

I know mine has been delived but no word in the "Officail Thread" so far. But looking is half the fun.

Back
Top Bottom