I'm sorry America...

I loves me some vintage design, but to be perfectly blunt, the pictured D'Agostino unit doesn't look vintage to me. It looks like a steampunk monocle artlessly mashed into a Delonghi toaster with hand-drawn lettering by a failing first-year Web design student.

But that's just me.
:rflmao:
Form Follows Function - that thing in the middle pops out when the turkey's done.

Now you are talking like a reviewer, pulling out all the stops to as flourishes to the prose.

While I personally don’t like it And wouldn’t buy it if I could pay up for it, I do appreciate the design and hopefully it looks like a craftsman was under the hood.;)

index.php

"Impedance is futile. Your stereo will be assimilated."

:D

Vintage Fisher -dynaco-hafler- jolida- conrad Johnson- parasound- altec lansing- jbl- ess the amt tweeter- western electric- sae scientific audio electronics- soundcraftsmen- mark Levinson - threshold. And the list goes on!!!

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I think all of Jimi's guitars were of American manufacture.

Certainly his Strats and Flying Vs. Probably most likely what preceded those as well, though in his very early days a Japanese model might have snuck in there amongst the pieces wrought manufactured in Fullerton and/or Kalamazoo. Seems like everyone from a certain age in (pop/rock/blues) musical history, let's say folks learnin' to or actually knowing how to play geetar between the early 60s and, oh, around 1969/70 had a Teisco-built product in their hands @ some point.

^^ But his amps were nostly England-made though he did also use @ occasion Fender amplification, the Bandmaster bottom in particular, which he like to pair w/ Marshall heads. He was an odd cat, that Hendrix feller.

Ok, I'm going to be very honest with you guys: Most of my life I haven't had the highest opinion of american engineering and craftsmanship.

But I think two of the most important traits of a grown-up are the ability to change your mind when the evidence demands it and to admit that you were wrong. And boy have I been wrong!

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Cheers to my american audio friends, your stuff kicks ass and I'm going to play Jimis Star Spangled Banner now.

Also, if there's an american company that builds nice tube amps, let me know... :biggrin:

Much respect!!! and I for one see what you did there with regards to American tube amps, they are pretty sweet.

Initially I thought you were referring to the superior English classic rock compared to the American classic rock.

Back
Top Bottom