I'm the proud new father of TWINS!

cube-tube

Just received a second JL Audio e110 subwoofer, from the same gentleman that I purchased the other e110 and both Carver amps from as well as the Carver C-1 preamp I was using for a while. Both of these subs are practically new. He owned them both for a year or so and barely used them.

After reconfiguring the dbx Driverack Venu 360 for true dual mono sub output, carefully adjusting gains and phase, these little subs are rumbling out some seriously deep and strong bass. Sound stage has opened up even more, being even wider and deeper!

Running pink noise through the system shows a pretty flat response across the board, and that's with zero EQ/DSP. Only crossover points, phase and gain adjustments.

I'm sure there will be more tweaking to come.

p2818351457-5.jpg

p2818351494-5.jpg

p2818539140-5.jpg

Excellent setup, creative rack, and accurate toe-in, cube-tube. I'm an addict of powered subs and your twin e110s have me trying to contain drool. I don't know what genre(s) your primarily listen to, but whatever the material may be it surely sounds more full-bodied and impactful - especially with "bass light" material such as classical and rock.

Excellent setup, creative rack, and accurate toe-in, cube-tube. I'm an addict of powered subs and your twin e110s have me trying to contain drool. I don't know what genre(s) your primarily listen to, but whatever the material may be it surely sounds more full-bodied and impactful - especially with "bass light" material such as classical and rock.

Thank you!

They do rather well indeed. I listen to a little bit of everything really, except country, rap and hiphop. So far with the dual subs, I've listened to some jazz, rock and some old industrial music, and these subs precise and extremely nimble. They do great with delicate bass as well as bombastic bass. Very well sorted little subs, that DON'T sound little.

Back
Top Bottom