I'm wanted by the FBI and my Windows Key has expired...

I got a call a few weeks ago warning me I was going to jail if I did not wire (the IRS) $4978.76. I motioned to my friend Kris to roll with this, keep in mind my zip was 90210 and I had been contacted by their office before. We both suddenly had HEAVY southern accents. The previous contacting officers name was Mike Hunt his badge number was ID 10 T.
Long story short we had him on the line for 54 minutes. In this 54 minutes;
Had to get money
Had to find shovel to get money
Had to find keys to shed to get shovel
Lost one shed in a mud slide
Had to get keys to other shed
Drove to shed, this involved driving around the farm on a mule so the drive time was realtime.
Got to shed and forgot keys, had to drive back (realtime)
Got into altercation on the way back which involved REAL gun fire and return fire (Kimber micro 380, Desert Eagle .50) approximately $20 in ammo spent.
Got keys and returned for shovel.
Shovel in hand proceeded to hold phone close to the ground and make digging sounds.
Dug up money, drove back to barn.
Spilled large amount of change out of large mason jar.
Proceeded to count out $4978.76
Was yelled at by Kris that that's the wrong money, (they) are still looking for the serial numbers on that money I dug up, had to get other money.
Counted for several minutes and told the (officer) on the phone I had his 76 cents now getting the rest.
Lots of yelling at each other about who's money is who's between Kris and I.
Finally counted out all the money, asking at least ten times (how much do I owe you).
The (officer) on the line directing me to go to the Target on Beverly Hills Blvd to wire money, I'm in Georgia.
Had to find keys to the Cadillac, found keys to Cadillac but it was blocked in by the big tractor which was blocked in by the motor grader.
Finally got car jumped off and running.
These are the cliff notes, there was a lot involved.
Throughout this whole ordeal I said (are you there) exactly every three minutes.
This is where we finally got bored with this and began to tell the scammer off in such a way that when I hung up Kris looked at me a said (don't you think you where a little hard on him), no I don't.
It is amazing that this criminal stayed on the line through the whole ordeal, he worked hard to try and steal $5000 from me. The last thing I told him was how much I would love to meet him face to face. It was actually Kris his father and I involved in the sound stage and complexity of our own little bit of fun on that beautiful afternoon, it brought us and will bring us many laughs. If we had recorded the call and filmed what we where doing it would have been epic.
I hope keeping him on the line may have saved some gullible soul from wiring their savings to these smucks.

A buddy of mine was getting those windows fix it calls, so one day i set up a virtual machine on his pc.
What ever those scammers tried? All failed the dude made a mistake on his end, opened up his computer. Guess what? Yup we mass deleted the hackers pc an also encrypted it on him he was flipping pissed!! We hung up on him.

My mother-in-law spends 22 hours a day on the couch, in front of the TV, with a phone right next to her. She has a terrible (IMHO) habit of picking up the phone before the first ring stops. She does this despite the fact that the calling number appears on her TV screen 6 feet away. She`s just a phone freak, can`t WAIT to see who`s on the other end.

Late Thursday afternoon, the phone rings, the number and "Baltimore, Md." appears on the screen....(they know NOBODY in Baltimore). Of course, she picks it up, immediately hands the phone to my father-in-law. "Who is this ?" I hear him ask ....
Caller: "Your grandson"
FIL: "Which one ?"
Caller: "Your favorite one"
FIL: "Scott ???"
Caller: "Yeah"
FIL: "It doesn`t sound like you"
Caller: "My nose was broken in the accident. I`m in jail, and I need your help getting out. I have a lawyer, and he wants to talk to you....hold on...."
"The Lawyer": "Yes, my name is David Rosario, I am an attorney. There`s going to be a bail hearing in two hours, and we need $900 sent immediately"

I am overhearing this whole deal, and I tell my FIL to take the guy`s number down, and we`ll call him back. My wife and I try to explain to them that this is not real, the whole thing is a scam. My MIL is now in full panic mode....SHOULD WE CALL THE POLICE ???" she screams. "Why ?", I asked...."there was no crime commited, just an attempt (from out of state) to scam you".... Unconvinced, she began calling every relative in the phone book, and told the story to everybody, for over an hour (!).

I tried to explain to the MIL that her phone habits are inviting trouble, that 90% of those "unknown" calls are potential scams, so when a number comes up that you don`t recognize, don`t answer it, let it go to the machine....if it`s something important, they`ll leave a message, and then you can decide how to deal with it.
But NO....she continues to do the same old same old....unbelievable.

Be sure to take a copy of the email with you when you go to turn yourself in to the local FBI office.I hear that can knock significant time off your sentence, and even give you an automatic upgrade to a private cell.

Back
Top Bottom