Imagine being passed while doing a 185 MPH like you're standing still

My kid watches these channels where people lose those bikes at speed and are literally torn to pieces...intestinal tracks spread out for 50 yards, helmets full of heads but no body, legs and arms by the road twitching...

My kid watches these channels where people lose those bikes at speed and are literally torn to pieces...intestinal tracks spread out for 50 yards, helmets full of heads but no body, legs and arms by the road twitching...

That's dreadful. What is anyone doing watching stuff like that?

A lot can go wrong at those speeds if your inside a car on 4 wheels. A lot more can go wrong when you're on a bike. A crack, sand, grease, texter. Crap, hit a bumble bee at 150mph and it feels like a baseball bat.

Wow..
Yes the reality is without a cage our bodies are torn to shreds.

I've been schooled by a few of my First Responder friends on the ugliest of realities of the aftermath of crashes with motorcycle riders.. . . because I ride these Sportbikes myself.. .My latest is my 07 Hayabusa that I took out of the crate new.. ..
IMG_20171113_161246620.jpg

A lot can go wrong at those speeds if your inside a car on 4 wheels. A lot more can go wrong when you're on a bike. A crack, sand, grease, texter. Crap, hit a bumble bee at 150mph and it feels like a baseball bat.
I hit a Robin ( Bird ) DIRECTLY IN MY FACE SHIELD of my Helmet..back in the summer of 94 with my 1994 YZF750 ... at 155 indicated MPH ...
The sheld didn't break...but the poor Bird's beak was permanently imprinted in the Shield right in my field of view..
And yes it felt like somebody smacked my helmet with a strong punch. .
Blood was all over my Full Leathers & Boots which were White & Blue

I used to roadrace motorcycles and have slid out several times at 100MPH+, it's all very interesting and chances of getting hurt are slim as long as you don't get hit by another bike or hit something solid. I used to wear full leathers including boots and gloves and of course a helmet.
When you first hit the deck your mind races asking was someone just behind you, where is the bike and is this going to hurt? Normally it's a long slide down the pavement but your leathers get smoking hot at the pressure points on the pavement and I learned to do a slow roll so as not to receive burns. As soon as you stop your first thought is to retrieve the bike and see if you can get back into the race.
I really never cared as long as both bike and I were ok, if I never crashed it meant that I wasn't pushing myself to the limit. And the limit is where you tried to be to be competitive. Fun times indeed.

BillWojo

I've been down hard at mebbe only 40-50 MPH and spent 5 days in ICU, had a repeat at an even lower speed and another 5 days. I definitely wasn't out looking for that result at the time.
I enjoy riding for reasons unrelated to testosterone or adrenalin, that is someone else's thing. I sincerely hope to never have another fall for any reason, off the bike, the porch, off anything.

funny thing is, we have video of what left misdemeanor or summary offense and became a felony and we KNOW who posted it...were there arrests?

funny thing is, we have video of what left misdemeanor or summary offense and became a felony and we KNOW who posted it...were there arrests?
I know what you are trying to say here, good question that has offered to me as well. No doubt it attracts attention of the legal liability sort.

Back
Top Bottom