Imagine my surprise!

Howdy, yall.

This is my first visit to this forum--I always hang out in the Vintage TV forum.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to express my surprise at something. I just bought a Sansui DVD-R/VCR combo. They sell 'em at Sears. I didn't think it would actually be a real, high-quality Sansui machine, but imagine my shock when I found out it was made by ORION!!
You know 'em--they make those $79 TVs that only Wal-Mart will sell.
Not that I'm complaining, really. The machine works just fine. Was just a little surprised to find out that they're sticking famous names on POCs. This may be old news to you.
What next? Scott on a Coby receiver?

Yeah, I've seen them at shopko here for around a bill.
I got quite a chuckle out of it I believe the unit weighs about as much as the volume knob on my au-11000.
Kinda like the altec lansing 880b's I bought only to find they were made by sparkomatic.
The weight and engineering was there but the sound was just not good, particularily once I found out they were sparkomatics I couldn't get rid of them fast enough... they're about as hifi as those altec lansing computer speakers.

maybe the release of all these psuedo sansuis will drive down the price of vintage sansui gear so we can all stock up less expensively.
:smsex:
Tal

Back
Top Bottom