IMF speakers "in the house" --- again: Supercompact II

I wouldn't think the roll size would make a ton of difference in the sound given the minimal amount of excursion it's likely to see. But, of course, I don't have anything useful to back that statement up with.

Based on looks alone, it's 100% better, maybe even 102% if you're the optimistic type.

Turborusty

It may be my computer, but the picture(s?) of the rear of the woofer do not show up. I get the woofer front, and the front and back of the mids. Hence my comment in the thread about the midranges.

Very strange, PM me your email and I can send 'em direct. Any idea who makes the IMF 8/22 woofer?

The TLS 50 is a very nice speaker -- might be a good deal even with the ferry ride cost. But I'm a little nervous about the midrange -- I don't think that the original driver had a gasket.

Saw these today....LS50 /2's on CL .....to bad they are....a lil' too far for me to sneek away and buy!!! 2 hours each way + a 40 minute ferry ride, each way ...+ gas + $120.00 ferry cost!

Aw c'mon. You're gonna let a little thing like that stop you? :D
They're a heck of a lot closer to you than they are to me !!

Nat, I had problems with my pictures. They were there, and then they weren't.
Check back at post #40. Do the woofs/mids/tweets/crossover show up now ?

Now they are there in all their glory. Interesting to look at and well taken.

Cool. I'm not sure what happened yesterday..... some kinda' glitch..............
I'm hoping that the pix will provide good reference material for any IMF fans that stumble across this site.

Hey everyone. I sold many a pair of IMF's back in the 70's. Got to meet John Hayes who was the marketing person. Still have TLS-80, TLS-50, Super Compacts. Those Super MRs have been coated by someone. Probably trying to save them. The foam deteriorates over time to powder! They were built by Radford in a Japanese factory. The tweets were made by a few suppliers over the years Peerless, Audax etc.
Dan

The woofers are Dalesford made. The Dalesford woofers sold back in the early 80's by companies like Transcendental Audio and others were stock units. The Dalesford woofers used by Fried were custom made to his specs and not available to the general public.

Back
Top Bottom