1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

In need of new RCA Contacts on my 100 railcars

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by postman56, Dec 4, 2018.

1. postman56

postman56 New Member

The old RCA input connectors on my Fisher 100 railcars are loose, missing a bit of the ceramic in one, etc etc and I would appreciate if anyone can recommend ones that are good high quality replacements and if it's difficult to replace?
    Thanks loads
    Ken

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Catmanboo

Catmanboo AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Railcars"? that's a new one to me. send close-up pic of offending parts, some of us may well have something that would work.

3. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

4. postman56

postman56 New Member

Thanks everyone I’ll go on line and pick up a good set, the ceramic inside appears to be chipped

5. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

The ceramics do that after years (or decades) of heat - cool cycles. And the Boxcars DO GET HOT! If they haven't been gone thru, suggest you search in the Forum for Dave Gillespie's Threads on the 50-55-70-80(and 80z) and the 100 Boxcars and get some seriously good info on how to get them to perform as they should have from the factory and at the same time increase reliability and cool them down.