Incoming infinity Kappa 9.1 series 2 in Rhode Island

Bahamayellow

Hello just wanted to let someone know there are I would say one of the rarer series Kappa 9.2 on the bay in Rhode Island. Would love to hear these one day.

I bought a pair when Infinity released them (in black), have a second pair (also in black) in my home now. I do have to say, I never really heard them for what they are until I hooked a large Krell KSA amp up to them. You will occasionally read "they are easier to drive than the older series", that is just not the case if you want to hear them at their peak. The lower end really needs an amp that doubles it's output down to 1 ohm, just like the original 9 Kappa. It also tells you this in the owners manual. This is not to say you can't get good sounds from them with less. Just know they are capable of more.

For mine, I would like to eventually get a powerful tube amp for the top end.

I have the smaller 8.1s and I have to say they sound much better with my 2 carver amps in bi amp mode. I had one hooked up and it sounded good but not great. It sounds almost 3 dimensional now. I tried using a 100 watt reciever and it failed miserably.

LOL.....bigger infinity's and Recievers are not a good mix.

I found that out the hard way. Was playing some CDs and my friend said that doesn't sound like Eric Clapton. Lol should have stopped then. Then I was cranking it up a bit and it started distorting really bad. I know better now. Lol

Back
Top Bottom