Incredible JBL / Altec / Marantz system in Dallas

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
This is a vintage system to die for and even has very high WAF. The guy lives in Dallas, so close enough to become a part of the Lone Star Bottleheads. Can't wait to have a meet at his house. We have emailed a few times and he is a really nice guy.

MVC-001F.JPG

Check out the system: http://www.mcsmk8.com/system1/MAVICA.HTM

Those Paragon systems still have the "look" for sure. I was lucky enough to have the use of one for a year once. Really nice sound comes from within :) Not fun to move though :)

what an interesting guy. Obviously a multi-millionaire, check out his car collection and sprawling house pics. The only questionable thing he says is that you can't beat a factory paint job. Must have tons of security, he lists his full name and phone #

cubdog wants. Anyone have a spare? Birthday coming up. Thanks in advance.

cubdog

That'll set you back more than $300 Ross. I'd love to hear one. Coolest looking set up ever. Looks old and cutting edge all at the same time.

Ed

A Paragon is one, very desirable early speaker system. Right up there with the best of the best.

I heard one onetime and I'm been a believer ever since. I'd take one in a heartbeat! :D Haven't seen one on Ebay for a while.

My friend owns a Fablous Paragon. . . His father was a wealthy Doctor and bought it new in the early 60s along with new McIntosh gear. . . I remember in the early 70s when Mom and Dad would go away the partys we had and of course the abuse we served up on the system. . . We could open the front door and you could hear it a block away. . . We were young and foolish. . . My friend still has the system today, although out of service the past 10 years (reconditioning) it will soon be restored to her former glory.

Every AK member needs to see and hear the Paragon. . . a right of passage. . . piece of audio history, like it or not it cant be avoided . . . a statement piece like no other. . .

The Paragon has MAJOR cool factor, but they don't actually sound all that good. I'd take one to look at, not to listen to.

Cheers,
Russ

"a 67 435HP corvette is really about a 220HP car today that cant turn a corner"

:rofl:

Beautiful looking system. I like his overall attitude, too.

Spkrman57s' using those 18" jbls' (in imax cabs) in his current system.

Pete

I know where a Paragon is for sale within 20 miles of me in NC. The owner bought it new, in the boxes from a going out of business audio boutique for $8500. He's asking $45,000 (!) and has buyers lined up.

I am not making this up.

RuSsMaN said:
The Paragon has MAJOR cool factor, but they don't actually sound all that good. I'd take one to look at, not to listen to.

Cheers,
Russ

In a big room with high ceilings (12-14') like an old southern mansion where the Paragon can breath they aint bad, however sound quality was good not great. . . A piece of furniture that produces sound. . . I guess WAF was important back then too. . . . I have yet to find a woman that doesnt like it.

The Paragon gets real big real fast. . .

Wornears said:
I know where a Paragon is for sale within 20 miles of me in NC. The owner bought it new, in the boxes from a going out of business audio boutique for $8500. He's asking $45,000 (!) and has buyers lined up.

I am not making this up.

This is what they usually go for at HiFiDo, and they show up about twice a year.

You might need to run this link thru a translator; the asking price was 2.5 million yen, or about $23K.

Could be a deal, even if you tack on an additional grand or two for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom