Indecision Over College Major?

there are now universities offering degrees in knitting. and before you laugh
it is far more complex than designing audio devices which usually requires
an engineering degree.

It is a calling. One has to have a passion for yodeling, and the advancement of the art form. Maybe get a double major in juggling or riding the unicycle so you have something to fall back on just in case.

I was actually listening to a tape of Swiss folk music earlier today, and it included some yodeling!

I could see how a college course could be built around yodeling, if it involved research into its variations in cultures around the world, investigations of how it might have been developed as a form of communication and later in music,....and many more legitimate academic inquiries and perhaps also creative experiences. I could see how theses and dissertations might be yodeling related. A college major sounds like a bit of a stretch, though.

And since we've strayed a bit, this method of singing (?) also needs at least an honorable mention. Maybe not a Bachelors or Masters, but at least an AA degree!!

I wonder if I could do courses on line?

There is indeed money to be made in yodeling!

The neighbors pay you to shut up.

I really shouldn't make fun of this.

In my younger days, I used to occasionally sub for the bass player in the band at the local Swiss Hall dances.

I didn't need a degree to do it, though. .

Back
Top Bottom