Inexpensive Amazon Power Cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the pictures are correct it looks like a decent cable. I would like to see the copper shielding to be 99% instead of the shown which looks to be 50% at best. It does have the mylar also to help with shielding. The plug ends are knock offs but are decent quality, I have used them for cables I have made for myself. Wire looks to be 14 gauge in the picture so if this what you actually get it should be a decent power cable for the money. I make power and audio cables for a living if this helps in your decision.

If the pictures are correct it looks like a decent cable. I would like to see the copper shielding to be 99% instead of the shown which looks to be 50% at best. It does have the mylar also to help with shielding. The plug ends are knock offs but are decent quality, I have used them for cables I have made for myself. Wire looks to be 14 gauge in the picture so if this what you actually get it should be a decent power cable for the money. I make power and audio cables for a living if this helps in your decision.
I was considering making one of the DIY ones, but was also considering if this one was good enough, for the price it might do the trick, and my DIY efforts could be put to other projects.

why does it need the techflex type covering? Doesn't the insulation on the cable work well enough to not need that extra layer of plastic? Or is this what we need to have for our cables to sound good.

Exactly, these are not “Amazon” anything. This thread does remind me though, how many companies start threads just like this one to get the product out there?

I’m not saying this one is or isn’t, I’ve just seen too many threads like this for it to never happen.

"100% mylar foil shield for outstanding rejection of EMI and RFI."

I see a approximately 50% copper (probably CCA) woven shield, with some essential tech-flex over the thing for visual good measure. Waste of good money if you ask me.

Exactly, these are not “Amazon” anything. This thread does remind me though, how many companies start threads just like this one to get the product out there?

I’m not saying this one is or isn’t, I’ve just seen too many threads like this for it to never happen.

Yeah right, I am Bezos. No, man, I am just a guy trying to find out if I can find a power cord for not too much money. I’m kind of sorry I asked with all the Snark in this thread.

Last edited:
I have two of the 1M version. I use one on my Freya Pre and one on my PS Audio GCPH .... They are Heavy, look impressive, nice snug fit on both ends .... sound good - are they better than stock cable ??? I don't know as that's a tough A/B comparison to do. They don't hurt anything - thats for sure and the price is right.

For $50, I say why not. Most of the claims are believable except for the "Audiophile..." one. Power cables are not in the signal path. In the numerous threads, the shills have never been able to answer simple science questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom