Inexpensive PA Speakers in HT

My guess is that the reviewer's never tried good commercial loudspeakers -- or drivers and horns intended for such use -- in a home environment.
Some of us have.

The loudspeakers in question are probably OK, especially for $160.
One gets what one pays for, by and large.

I had, some years ago, entertained using five or seven Yamaha S112 or S115 for HT but ended up not, considering space available.

With a good subwoofer setup I think that general type of speaker is a viable option if one has the space. Most of them are fairly high sensitivity which helps with amp requirements.

I had, some years ago, entertained using five or seven Yamaha S112 or S115 for HT but ended up not, considering space available.

With a good subwoofer setup I think that general type of speaker is a viable option if one has the space. Most of them are fairly high sensitivity which helps with amp requirements.
As if I would argue... ;)

DSC_9570 (3) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

My guess is that the reviewer's never tried good commercial loudspeakers -- or drivers and horns intended for such use -- in a home environment.

Why is that? The reviewer clearly states that these are budget speakers for those looking for lots of bang for the buck and willing to accept the significant compromises that come with them.

Back
Top Bottom