Infiniti I30 (1996) Oxygen Sensor location?

mzeitlin3348

See it and Believe
This is the place to come to for everything!

Can someone tell me where the Bank 1/ Sensor 1 Oxygen sensor is located on an Infiniti I30 - 1996 ? or where on the internet they might show where it is?

I don't know if it is the radiator side O2 sensor, the firewall side, or for that matter the one past the catalytic converter (don't think it's that one).

Thanks !!

That car may have as many as 4 O2 sensors. One in each of the manifolds before the first cat. These are probably Sensor 1. It will also have O2 sensor(s) after the cat. If there are seperate cats for each cylinder, there will be seperate O2 sensors as well.

I forget which is bank one. Usually bank one is identified by the furthest forward cylinder. You can often look at the front of the engine (pulley side) and see which bank is further forward. I believe it's the right bank which would be the firewall side.

The O2 sensors in the manifolds have a direct affect on fuel mixture. The O2 sensors behind the cats are just their to monitor the cat efficiency. Are you getting a trouble code? That's a great car by the way. How's the Z doing?

- Pete

The Z is a blast ! At this time of year, I don't need air conditioning, so the car is opened up. Now that I am driving it regularly, it's running smooth (several tanks of gas later) and clean.

The Infiniti belonged to my parents. My father passed away earlier this year at 83 years old. He had a good long life, but a stroke he had a year ago was too much for him. My mother doesn't drive, but she's o.k. at 83 herself (looks 73). She asked me to 'buy' the car from her so I paid her blue book no questions asked sight unseen. I shipped the car from Florida to Houston and what a 'cherry'. It's in near mint shape: http://houston.craigslist.org/car/238975024.html

But I noticed the check engine light for 'bank 1 sensor 1'. I cleared the code and it has not returned since. I suspect that it just may be getting old enough where it comes and goes before finally failing. If the sensor is easy to get to, I might just change it out myself, but I may not have the car long enough for that.

I pretty much want to sell the car for what I paid my mother and be done with it. I have too many cars (and amps, and speakers, and ...) as it is.

Whoever buys this car will be getting a great bargain. It's not too often you can get a car this old that has been taken care of this well.

Back
Top Bottom