Infiniti QX-4

rhiohki

I'm thinking about getting an 01 or 02 used Infiniti QX-4 just because a 2-door coupe isn't cutting it anymore especially when trying to pickup people and/or gear. Any members on here have this and if so, have any thoughts or comments? Personally, I do like the look and interior and I did test drive and it did handle quite well.

They are a premium version of the Nissan Pathfinder. Very well made and reasonably reliable if you like SUVs.

- Pete

We owned one for about 6 months back in 2001. No complaints with the vehicle at all and the V-6 was a very strong runner. Nicely appointed leather interior and lots of features. The ride was decent but you could tell it was a Pathfinder underneath.
The biggest problem was the Xenon headlights got stolen twice. Apparently this is pretty common and was a big factor in selling the truck.

Thanks for the comments. I actually test drove one a day or so ago. They ride nice. A lot better than my civic coupe. I knew it was a "higher-end" pathfinder and I do like the looks and it's in my price range. I don't see any reason not to go for it at the moment. Especially at this time of year.

Nissan offered a free headlight anti-theft kit for some models. Ask the Infiniti dealer about it if you are conserned about headlight theft. The headlight theft issue was fairly regional. Big in the Northeast and Florida, fairly rare in other areas.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom