Infinity 1500's

ozmoid

Lunatic Member
OK, Gang - I picked these up as my first ported speakers. They were "previewed" in the store, and the bass was nice, highs controlled, good balance for a little two-way.

However, I can't find any links on AK to this model. Any info/opinions out there? Max watts, experinces, etc? :thmbsp: or :thumbsdn: , chime in!

Not familiar with the model, but the specs are available through the Infinity website here.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

Model 1500 - 2-Way 100 Watt Speaker
Frequency Response: 45Hz - 20kHz (+/-4dB)
Sensitivity: 86dB (1 watt/1 meter)
Impedance: 4 ohms
Woofer: 8"
Tweeter: dome w/1" voice coil
Power Rating: MAX - 100 watts

- JP

Passed on a pair of these last week at the SA, nice shape except for the usual kid damage, dust caps were trashed, and there was a nice kid finger size hole in each woofer....

PHOTOS - finally!

OK gang, here's a closer look. For size reference, that's MarkAnderson's Advent 2 sitting on top.
attachment.php

The speakers look to be the same types as an RS4B (?) IIRC, just done as a two-way.
attachment.php

What I need right now is advice - I really like how they sound in an "unfettered" environment (i.e. - outdoors!) but not how they perform in my listening room. This is my first pair of ported speaks, anybody want to chime in with suggested room placement? Approx 14' x 20', lots of furniture around the walls, speakers along the long side of the room. :thmbsp:

Attachments

• infinity1500-1.jpg
    infinity1500-1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 175
  • infinity1500-2.jpg
    infinity1500-2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom