Infinity 6 Kappa

MKP0

I have a pair of Infinity RS6 Kappa speakers. Excellent cosmetic condition, mid ranges woofers and tweeters are all good and have been serviced and refoamed etc. How much are these worth in AUD?
THANKS.

Last edited by a moderator:
If truly Kappa 6 speakers, and not RS6 speakers (2 different models), $425 to $550 AUD, in the condition you describe. Good luck.

What is the condition of the midrange drivers? They have a tendancy to turn cloudy and ultimately brittle.

What is the condition of the midrange drivers? They have a tendancy to turn cloudy and ultimately brittle.
Yeah the silicone has cracked around the edges and will fall off if you push it a little. One of them it's the edges the other mid range it's towards the middle.
I'm sure these can be repaired or replaced for not that much of a price right?

They can run as much as $150 each, because they all have the fault (including my 7 Kappas :(). Some people have replaced both of them with a VIFA dome midrange that runs about $90, when you can find them. The VIFA is a bit more efficient, but can be compensated for with the level controls on the crossover.

They can run as much as $150 each, because they all have the fault (including my 7 Kappas :(). Some people have replaced both of them with a VIFA dome midrange that runs about $90, when you can find them. The VIFA is a bit more efficient, but can be compensated for with the level controls on the crossover.
The midranges on these it writes "Polydome K". There's nothing wrong with any of it like I said just the silicone around the edges. It's all fine and tested.

Yeah the silicone has cracked around the edges and will fall off if you push it a little. One of them it's the edges the other mid range it's towards the middle.

I'm sure these can be repaired or replaced for not that much of a price right?

Not good. No easy repairs either. And no direct modern, new replacements. Sorry.

Oh yea, the "cracked...edges", that's probably cracks in the surround of the dome. Again, not good.

The midranges on these it writes "Polydome K". There's nothing wrong with any of it like I said just the silicone around the edges. It's all fine and tested.

If they're in the condition you stated above, there "is" something wrong with them, and it's only a matter of time, before they fail completely. Probably sooner than later. And they will fail, it's the nature of the material used for the dome. I even had a spare mid, boxed, stored in my parts closet, and it still failed. So, as-is, you'd be better off selling them as individual drivers, are as parts speakers.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to get a set of kappa .1 needing foam. They are newer polydomes and the membrane seems to hold up better. You can likely sell the emits and refoam the IMG woofers and come out ahead with free polydomes for your kappa 6's...

Yeah, those mids are shot. I own a pair of Kappa 6’s, great speakers, but they require the mids to be working perfectly which they cannot when the dome is brittle and cracked.

Last edited:
So how do I find mids that are compatible with these speakers? That's all I need, just tell me how I can identify what mids are compatible with these speakers and I'll stop bothering everyone and start shopping.
Because these speakers look great, are high power, and perfect for my room.

So how do I find mids that are compatible with these speakers? That's all I need, just tell me how I can identify what mids are compatible with these speakers and I'll stop bothering everyone and start shopping.
Because these speakers look great, are high power, and perfect for my room.
See post 6.

So how do I find mids that are compatible with these speakers? That's all I need, just tell me how I can identify what mids are compatible with these speakers and I'll stop bothering everyone and start shopping. Because these speakers look great, are high power, and perfect for my room.

Any Kappa dome mid will work, but will eventually deteriorate as well. But, Kappa 6, 7, 8, 9, 6.1 or 2, 7.1 or 2, 8.1 or 2, or 9.1 or 2 dome mids are all interchangeable. If you can find the car stereo version of the Kappa mids, that's the best option. It appears to be made of a different material, and does not degrade. Rare though. Hard to find.

For aftermarket, these are advertised as "replacements".

MW Audio 'Clone'

ScanSpeak dome

But, personally, I'd have my mids rebuilt by Bill LeGall at Millersound. Bill's one of the top speaker repair guys in the U.S., and is an Infinity expert. I'd waste my money with him.

Polydome Repair

Good luck.

Buy I set of kappa 6.1 and sell off the rest you will have mids and profit from the emits and IMG drivers.

Here's the car dome. It's a RSDS Kappa dome. Usually, there's a mesh screen protecting the outside of the dome. It was removed for this picture.

cca4c23a02e5ba52f07186c4fef8134e.jpg

And new domes should look like this. These are the later 6.1 - 9.1 versions.

273019-infinity-s-venner-kappa-7.2-i-007.jpg

Thanks for all the info. I will look around locally for repairs/replacements. If not then the US.
Planning on keeping it.

Back
Top Bottom