Infinity Kappa 9 - CL Minneapolis

Inspiribomb

Enjoy the journey
I was going to look at these tonight, and still want to, but I don't need them, and I don't care for the EMIT sound. At $700, this is a killer deal, even though the woofers need refoaming. If any local AK'ers get these, please let me know, as these used to be my holy grail of speakers and I'd love to behold them with my eyes and ears

Kappa 9's

two thumbs up for the speakers if your local grab em up if your not local send aaron the money and he can pick them up for you lol

Talked with the dude earlier today. He was driving them with an Adcom GFA-555 but that couldn't do the job. Then he had to buy two GFA-565 monos to drive them separately.

Problem seems to be that they'll bring almost any amp to their knees. Have to budget another $1000 or so in adequate amperage......

I push mine with two yammie m-80's so they can scream minimun of 250 per channel sure does the trick for me

I would be using my Kenwood L-09M's on em - reported 380 watts RMS each. It'll cost another 150-200 for the refoaming. They would certainly use my amps well, but I am content with my system.

Brudha said:
Talked with the dude earlier today. He was driving them with an Adcom GFA-555 but that couldn't do the job. Then he had to buy two GFA-565 monos to drive them separately.

Problem seems to be that they'll bring almost any amp to their knees. Have to budget another $1000 or so in adequate amperage......
Sounds like a job for a G-33000.

Kappa 9s are fantastic speakers, one of my all-time favorites. EMITs need tubes or McIntosh or BA-5000 autoformers to sound good. FETs will also work, and the Adcom 5802 is especially effective. Aaron, you could buy them, refoam, and make a decent profit.

Duffinator said:
Sounds like a job for a G-33000.

I don't think even a G-33000 would be up for the task. Probably could roast hot dogs off the amp fins at high volumes. This is a job for dedicated separate amps ($$)......

Back
Top Bottom