Infinity Kappa grille fabric

TopDollar69

Both of my pairs of Kappa 7s need new material on the grilles. Does anyone have a source for the original material, or something very close?

I'll be watching this thread with great interest....

Parts Express has several kinds of speaker grill fabric that will do the job quite nicely.

I would have gone to the local fabric store as they sell acoustic cloth pretty cheap.

The Mellotone premium fabric is not even close to the original material, that's not to say it's bad though. I'm going to use it anyways, but I think I'm going to have a hard time making it stretch like the original cloth on the corners. It appears the original is almost like a spandex in its ability to stretch. I did look at material at several fabric stores, but none of them were anything like the original Infinity fabric.

I may have found a great OEM-type fabric in terms of appearance, texture, and transparency.
$9.99/yard at JoAnn Fabric
Check the pictures and see what you think
The first sample is the original material from the Kappa 7, the second sample has great appearance and texture (but too dense), the third sample seems to be near-perfect.

Grill Fabric Visual Transparency.jpg Grill Fabric Information.jpg Grill Fabric Surface Texture.jpg

Thank you for that sku. It is very helpful. I will head over to Joanne fabric and see if they have it and take a look. Most of what I used from there in the past has worked fine but not the same texture as what infinity used.

Back
Top Bottom