Infinity kappa tweeters...ribbon or

bungydiver

round filament?? As you can see, I'm not conversant in "audiospeak" but I do have a beloved pair of Infinity Kappa 8.1's with the Kappa round "filament" style tweeters. Most of the postings I see refer to the ribbon tweeters. Which are better for clean sound quality...or do they perform the same? Sometimes I denote a little "harshness" in the highs, especially when playing operatic or intense orchestral music. It seems less defined than a live performance. Am I asking too much from these vintage speakers or will I get the same results from better ones? I have a simple system...Jolida 1000a integrated tube amp and Ah! Njoe Tjoeb cd player with upgraded tubes, feet, and upsampler. Speakers are wired with Monster Mx2.2s and cd is connected with good (not best) quality wires. ?????

bungydiver said:
I have a simple system...Jolida 1000a integrated tube amp and Ah! Njoe Tjoeb cd player with upgraded tubes, feet, and upsampler.
You just got the cdp, right, as in your previous post you still had the older Nak cdp? You might want to give the whole thing a little time to settle in before making any other major decisions.

The EMITs and EMIMs are technically ribbon drivers, whether they appear round or square.

IRS Betas driven by an MC-352 for the top and an MC-602 for the bass. I use a C-42, but I'd like to hear this system with a C-2200. EMITs and EMIMs, and L-EMIMs, do very well with tubes. I won't go with a tube amp, and in fact, I've only begun to even consider tube preamps recently. Call me an old-fashioned SS guy, just now thinking about moving into the next millenia. :D

Back
Top Bottom