Infinity Monitor II speakers thoughts.

gary7

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Going to look at these in an hour. Anything should look for besides the obvious. Not sure about the woofers being original. Most pics I've seen have black woofers.

2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
You should make sure they are still there!

$150?

I would not hesitate nor would I post the add!

Well, got them home, another project. I don't think they are original woofers, need foam anyway, and one tweeter at the least will need replaced or rebuilt. Gave him 1/2 asking price. Will post pics shortly.

Last edited:
Nice looking speakers.
Worth what you paid for sure.
Woofers *look* like later model Infinity, mid range also kind of *looks like* later model Infinity.
Or maybe a Parts-express or Orange Co. replacement midrange?
Lower range tweeter and Walsh look original.

Last edited:
Well, hooked up and played briefly. All lower drivers work. Not sure of the "Walsh" tweeters. One of them is definitely not stock.

IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1085.JPG IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG IMG_1089.JPG IMG_1090.JPG

Pulled a woofer, the foam is now entirely come apart. They are the woofers shown on the Monitor II Tech Man at Infinity Classics (12" WOOFER NLA Sustitute #902-1187).

IMG_1084a (1).JPG IMG_1084a (2).JPG

Got the foam for the woofers ordered. Hope to find a pair of original black woofs. Also, looking at other Monitor II pics, the Wash tweeters may both be original, just different sourcing in production run.

Just checking the other drivers. Yes, one of the mid drivers is not playing. Pulled it and shows open. :(

Nice grab. The cabinets look real nice. They are the only unavailable part of those speakers. You may like that woofer better than the original. It was a replacement woofer for the Quantum jr, and RSM along with others, it's a great woofer. The mid can be found on the auction site. They are often not working. A nice substitute could be this https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dc50fa-8-classic-series-2-dome midrange--285-015 though I have not tried it. Maybe just fix the woofers, and tweeter and enjoy:music:

I've been reading several threads. It really does not seem that difficult. problem would be finding a correct tweeter to use.

Does the voice coil on the Walsh measure any resistance or is it "open?
If it measures around 8 ohms I try reattaching the cone.
Both are "open" But looking at them, nether look to be any kind of "special" tweeter

Cool, I've never seen one dismantled.
How does it appear to you how the cone relates to the voice coil.
Can you see how the cone slips over the coil.
By looking at any residue on the cone and driver maybe it shows where there was contact.
Perhaps there was none, I just presume the voice coil and cone had contact of some sort as I'd think that coil would have to be centered in its gap.:dunno:

Cool, I've never seen one dismantled.
How does it appear to you how the cone relates to the voice coil.
Can you see how the cone slips over the coil.
By looking at any residue on the cone and driver maybe it shows where there was contact.
Perhaps there was none, I just presume the voice coil and cone had contact of some sort:dunno:
From what I can tell the cone was glued to the remaining dust cap. Sits right on the edge of it.

Back
Top Bottom