Infinity Quantum 2s thrown out in trash

I'm in Northern Colorado. Maybe a road trip? My thought is I would build new cabinets anyway and use 1" MDF instead of the 3/4" particle board. Can you post pictures of the tops so I can see how bad the cabinets are. If they aren't worth saving I would buy the emits and the dome midranges from you for sure. Those are all I'm missing to build a complete set of Q2's.

They look wider than 3/4 inch. I mean I'd have to measure for sure.

Yes, the Quantums are a robust heavy cabinet, they did not mess around making those. Even my Quantum 4 are 1”. Bracing as tubed did make them even better.

So my luck with Infinity speakers is amazing!

Early in this year I got a pair of CS-3008's in a storage unit sale. Bought whole unit of electronics for $600. Refoamed and using now.

About a month ago, Goodwill had a pair of Kappa 7's for under $30 if I remember right. Project about to begin.

And today... a pair of Quantum 2's that were thrown to the curb two blocks from my house. They are pretty trashed but I bet there are some salvageable parts. Don't know much about these. Anyone have advice or knowledge on what to look for with these? I may just part out to help pay for Kappa repair. I do know they weigh I ton!

With the way your luck has been going, no one has hit the Powerball recently, maybe you should buy a ticket or two.
Congrats on some very nice finds.

I'm in Northern Colorado. Maybe a road trip? My thought is I would build new cabinets anyway and use 1" MDF instead of the 3/4" particle board. Can you post pictures of the tops so I can see how bad the cabinets are. If they aren't worth saving I would buy the emits and the dome midranges from you for sure. Those are all I'm missing to build a complete set of Q2's.
Have you come to a conclusion as to selling or keeping yet?

Those suckers need a ton of work....more like two tons. You're likely making the right decision to sell.

I have a pair of these. In fact, I'm the original owner. Bought new in 1977 from a store called Sam Goody. I might be the only one here who owns these from the beginning bought as new? They were great speakers and built like a tank.

Did a major refurb about a year ago which was worth the time, money and effort.

Back
Top Bottom