1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Infinity RABOS

Discussion in 'Infinity Loudspeakers' started by goodolpg, Dec 2, 2018.

1. goodolpg

goodolpg Just an old fart trying to help. Subscriber

Anyone use the protractor type device to find their rooms settings?
    It was pretty darn easy using the online page but it appears Harmon or whoever owns Infinity has discontinued it?

Please register to disable this ad.

2. okeeteekid

okeeteekid Well-Known Member

I looked on infinity's site about a month ago and couldn't find anything for the rabos kit, I needed the template and could not find it so I took a pic of the one I had and made copies of it.

Here it is if anyone needs it, it's not the best quality but it works, if you want you could copy it or print it out.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHWCBRVD6phhCoC5XR-e7Zqakio

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  3. goodolpg

Thank you.
    I have those templates, but others might not and they are needed to do this.
    Been thinking it may be time to "dial in" my sub again as it's been a while.

So I READ THE DANG MANUAL and it's not that hard once you have the template okeeteekid posted and ran the measurements on the cd and recorded the numbers.
    The completed chart will give you the Freq., the slider/protractor will give you the Width, and averaging the correct set of numbers (read the dang manual) will give you the Level.
    It's not rocket surgery after all.
    If you READ THE DANG MANUAL.

Online calculator was probably easier and a little faster but the protractor thingie seems to work.

4. okeeteekid

You can also play around with speaker placement and get good results, that's what I did with my epsilons using the rabos kit and template

5. goodolpg

I do tweek the positions of my RS II's sideways and forward backward occasionally and adjust toe in/out quite often.
    Toe in/out is one of the easiest and cheapest tweeks available.
    My sub has not moved a lot since I did the first RABOS setup just over two years ago, less than 1 foot actually.
    I just figured it might be time to do it again.

"They"* say crawling around on your hands and knees and where the bass is strongest to place your subwoofer there.

*People on the internet.

6. okeeteekid

But the strongest position for bass may not be the most accurate position for bass

Please register to disable this ad.

7. Infinity!

Infinity! Active Member

Wow, I can't believe they finally took the RABOS site down... that's really despressing. It's not like they had to do anything to maintain the website. :confused:Although I used to own an Interlude IL 120s and then an Intermezzo 1.2s, I no longer do. I sold the interlude to my dad 2 or 3 years ago and the intermezzo to my friend a little over a year ago. For the price (and especially with the RABOS kit), they were solid subs that sounded good for the price.

8. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

I was the sales rep in North TX and Oklahoma when RABOS was introduced. All of us were provided a RABOS setup kit, which I still do have. PM me if you want it.