Infinity reference four speakers 6ohm and pioneer SA-710? 8 ohm

Hello folks, I bought a pair of these to resell, and may have found someone nearby willing to pay my price....

The only thing is, i need to know if the ref fours and the pioneer will be alright together? I dont want the guy to buy them and have them fry his newly restored pioneer SA-710 or have the stereo damage the speakers.....

I saw a post on here that said the speakers are 35-200w..
HERE is a link to the pioneers specs..I imagine the pioneers wattage may be conservatively rated, as I have been told was common practice back in those days....

My fingers are crossed that the amp an speakers are compatible....
Thanks for your time folks
-matt

Wattage doesn't mean a whole lot as far as compatibility, in fact there's not a whole lot that would make a speaker and an amp incompatible electrically other than ohms. Looks like a twenty watt receiver. Who knows how loud your buyer wants his music, but I hope he does and knows what he's buying. Personally I'd want a lot more than 20 for Infinities.

Its for an older gentleman, his son may buy them for his dad....I dont think he will be blaring music or even turning it out loud it..Remember, lots of times older amps were conservatively rated as far as WPC. Thanks for the help.

I have a set of Reference Fours, and don't find they are all that difficult to drive. A little more clean power would certainly be better, but that round EMIT-R is tougher to damage with a weak amp than the other types of EMIT's.
Did you replace the foam surrounds on the woofers and mids? They all need it by now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom