Infinity Renaissance 80

Hey Okee .. Yep , that's what I meant .. Sage advice :)
Although ... Since op spent 70 on them .. I am fully prepared to offer 100 :banana: . Id pay shipping + 100 for his time packing and shipping and he could grab a cool 130:banana: .. Im sure another pair could come around for him at that price .. :rflmao: I wouldn't touch a hair on their heads ..But would give each a kiss hello on arrival . :music::music:

"I am still hoping some experts in residence with first-hand experiences with dissembling and resembling these speaks can provide thoughts as to how big an undertaking it is and whether ...... ((((( it is too risky." )))) ( I believe an expert has answered )

( I believe an expert has answered )

I got the message. Thank you! If someone knows the answer about the other question (i.e., how to remove the plate on the back to retrieve the crumbling foam? What screw driver to use to remove the plate), that would be greatly appreciated!

Looking at pictures in the other thread it appears you will need small hex head/hex keys (allen) wrenches.
Available at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, auto parts stores, tool stores, possibly Walmart, ebay, all over the internet, etc.

Last edited:
Looking at pictures in the other thread it appears you will need small hex head/hex keys (allen) wrenches.
Available at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, auto parts stores, tool stores, possibly Walmart, ebay, all over the internet, etc.

Yes correct! Initially I thought it must be a hex key, but when I looked at it the other night, because the lighting was somwhat dim in the room, I thought I saw a round opening not hex on the screw head. I was thinking what kind of screwe driver needs to be used. I just checked again. Yes it is hex. Good thing that I don’t need to go buy at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, auto parts stores, tool stores, possibly Walmart, ebay, all over the internet, etc. I have two sets with various sizes at home.

Yes correct! Initially I thought it must be a hex key, but when I looked at it the other night, because the lighting was somwhat dim in the room, I thought I saw a round opening not hex on the screw head. I was thinking what kind of screwe driver needs to be used. I just checked again. Yes it is hex. Good thing that I don’t need to go buy at Menards, Lowes, Home Depot, auto parts stores, tool stores, possibly Walmart, ebay, all over the internet, etc. I have two sets with various sizes at home.

Good, glad to help.
Menards here has sets on sale for $2.99 sometimes it's even buy one get one so I'll buy one standard/american and get the metric for free.
I must have 3 sets now.
They're also handy for removing volume or tuning knobs off receivers with recessed hex screws.

There are four screws for each back plate and then several more screws underneath the bottom of each speaker. The thing that is still puzzling me is that the size of the hex head seems to be between 2mm and 2.5mm. I got several sets of Allen hex keys, but there does not seem to be anything between 2mm and 2.5mm. I am still puzzled at how to unscrew them.

There are four screws for each back plate and then several more screws underneath the bottom of each speaker. The thing that is still puzzling me is that the size of the hex head seems to be between 2mm and 2.5mm. I got several sets of Allen hex keys, but there does not seem to be anything between 2mm and 2.5mm. I am still puzzled at how to unscrew them.

These were built in the United States, which has never officially gone metric. Try a 3/32 inch Allen and see if that fits.

Arrh, that must be the case. That is about 2.4mm. All my Allen key sets are metric which jumps from 2mm to 2.5mm. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom