Infinity RS 625 Woofers

satellite65

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I got a pair of Infinity RS 625's in decent shape for cheap.
Once I dug into them, I realized why they were so cheap.
Not being familiar with Infinities, I didn't know that 6 of the 8 drivers had been replaced with crappy ones until I pulled them out. Only 1 passive in each cabinet was original. The other passive and the woofer had been replaced with Rat Shack crap. The tweeters had been replaced with Chinese crap so light that they would probably float in water. Half of the terminals were cut off of the wires, then the wire was twisted around the terminals and taped. What a HACK job! At least the crossovers were not touched.

I bought a pair of correct passives and tweeters, but have not found any original (8") woofers yet.
I have a spare pair of EPI woofers that I will probably install temporarily.
I wonder how their parameters compare to the original Infinity woofers.
Does anyone have spec's on the woofers used in the RS 625?

EPI woofers are designed to work in an acoustic suspension cabinet, so they're probably not a good solution here. You're unlikely to find T/S parameters for any Infinity woofer (manufacturers rarely share this information). If it were me I'd set up a search on eBay for Infinity woofer 902-7329 (the part number according to this diagram). This page says that Infinity part 902-7298 is a valid replacement, but I can't vouch for that (they now recommend an AR replacement since that Infinity woofer is out of stock). Either way, before you go further, you should evaluate whether the cost of parts is justified. This was a fairly low-end model in the Infinity product line, and being in Chicago, you probably have access to a good selection of vintage speakers in the used market.

Hello you might get some additional information if you post this in the infinity speaker forum. Hopefully you will get them going. Post pics when you can.

Back
Top Bottom