Infinity RS-IIIa value

halo71

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
All drivers work, no scratchy pots on the back. Woofers refoamed less than 10 years ago. Cabinets could use a refinish, but they are real bad. They are sitting in my den right now being powered by a 165 wpc Onkyo Integra M504. I am guessing thats enough power?!?

Also the grills are in the worst shape but I can rebuild the one that is broken. Both are missing the Infinity badges. AND they have a mix of IIIa and IIIb mids and tweets.

So are they worth $200? They sound wonderful!

000_0797.jpg

000_0801.jpg

000_0798.jpg

000_0799.jpg

000_0800.jpg

I think they are worth up to $400 in perfect working shape. They will need to be refoamed if stock by this age.

They will need to be refoamed if stock by this age.

They were refoamed sometime in the last 10 years supposedly. The foam is in excellent shape. Although whomever did it was kinda messy with the glue.:sigh:

If they used improper glue it might be possible to slice the glue where it meets the surround on the cone, and then peel up the other edge.

I'll throw in my $.02 and say they are worth that price of admission in good shape. I love mine and won't soon be parting with them...although they are doing music room duty at my best friends house till I have a house of my own again here soon. I had to rebuild brand new grills as the original grills had deteriorated and fallen apart. But there was enough of the original frames to pattern out new ones. Very simple to make. I refoamed, recapped, refinished, and regrilled mine....definitely worth it. I think I gave $200 for mine but it also included a Sansui G9000DB, a cassette deck (blech), an H/K CD recorder and something else I forget.

If they used improper glue it might be possible to slice the glue where it meets the surround on the cone, and then peel up the other edge.
I know you quoted a long time ago , but what would be the correct glue ? Also can alcohol be used to clean off the residue ?

I know you quoted a long time ago , but what would be the correct glue ? Also can alcohol be used to clean off the residue ?
I would use aleene's tacky glue on these. Just scrap the old stuff off with a sharp flat x-acto blade and glue ontop of a clean base layer of adhesive. Don't use alcohol on the cone or else you may need to use a stronger adhesive. It's fine use on the basket but not necessary if your knife is sharp.

Back
Top Bottom