Infinity rs1b versus infinity rs IIB

Vmeleco

i currently have rs1b’s which has been a great adventure so far. They sound and look fantastic, however they do eat a bit of real estate in my living room. I’m wondering if any members hear could comment on the rsIIBs in comparison. It would seem to me they realistically have 95% of the performance in a smaller package. Same high end extension and nearly as deep base extension. Similar bipolar radiation pattern as well. Just kicking around the idea of downsizing.....

My brother has a pair of RS1b and I have a pair of RSIIa, but the respective rooms we listen to them (different locations, too) are so different, that I can offer no conclusion. The room is VERY important, and the RS1b seem to thrive in a large, open space.

Can't speak to the RS-1b's, but my RS-IIb's won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I'd have to spend a bunch of money to improve on them. The IIb's are well balanced. I've tried a subwoofer with them before, but bass output is strong and deep enough that I don't feel that a sub is necessary. Dynamics may not be as effortless as the Ib's, but they are still quite good.

My brother has a pair of RS1b and I have a pair of RSIIa, but the respective rooms we listen to them (different locations, too) are so different, that I can offer no conclusion. The room is VERY important, and the RS1b seem to thrive in a large, open space.

I agree the rs1b’s need space and take space. My listening room is about 18 x 16 with 8 ft ceilings. I’m not sure if that’s enough breathing room. What size is your brother’s room with his rs1b’s?

My room is 17’ x 25’ with 15’ ceilings. (It’s actually bigger, but it’s complicated). Keep in mind, however, that PS Audio runs the IRS Vs in a room that looks like 18’ x 18’ x 8’.

My room is 17’ x 25’ with 15’ ceilings. (It’s actually bigger, but it’s complicated). Keep in mind, however, that PS Audio runs the IRS Vs in a room that looks like 18’ x 18’ x 8’

I'd agree on the room size thingy. Not a direct comparison. The RSllb's are special but the RS1b's will fill a room better.

And that PS Audio room is way too small for my tastes. I felt it didn't let the mid/tweeter towers bloom.

I'd agree on the room size thingy. Not a direct comparison. The RSllb's are special but the RS1b's will fill a room better.

And that PS Audio room is way too small for my tastes. I felt it didn't let the mid/tweeter towers bloom.
Wondering: Have you gone and listened to the IRS Vs there? It's on my my next Denver trip list of things to do.

Last edited:
My room is 17’ x 25’ with 15’ ceilings. (It’s actually bigger, but it’s complicated). Keep in mind, however, that PS Audio runs the IRS Vs in a room that looks like 18’ x 18’ x 8’.
Oh yeah. I’ve seen the pictures you posted , Paul. Seems to be a well suited to the 1bs.

Oh yeah. I’ve seen the pictures you posted , Paul. Seems to be a well suited to the 1bs.
Based on a post from someone who visited the PS Audio Music Room, their room is probably closer to 18 x 25 with a 10 foot ceiling. Of course, the IRS V probably can move 4X the volume of air that a pair of RS1b could.

Back
Top Bottom