INFINITY RSIIB are these any good

angel mercado

Hi i just bought a pair of Infinty RS IIB from a friend here in Tulsa,Oklahoma>I havent had any luck in finding info on placement for these.Actually I havent had any luck on much info period.Do the tweeters need to be on the inside or outside and how far away from the rear wall do i go.I have the placed around 9 feet apart with the tweeters out.Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Yowza! Heck yes they're good. They're great, in fact. You stumbled on some pretty uncommon speakers that lots of folks are looking for.

For technical info (including a users manual) go to the Infinity Classics site. The RS IIB is under Models->Reference (81-86)->RS IIA/B:

RS-IIB

As far as placement goes, 9 feet separation sounds good. Try to get them a couple feet from the back wall, and preferably three feet or so from side walls.

The tweeters should be on the inside (facing each other).

Did you get the crossover as well?

Great find, congratulations. I think you'll really like them.

David

GRRRRR :gigglemad !!! In the last year, there's only been one pair of these come up for sale within less than a day's driving distance from me, and someone sniped them out from under me at the last second :tears: :sigh:!!! I am so jealous.

Congratulations on a great score!! Please remember to feed them with lots of clean, high-current power and you'll enjoy them for many years.:thmbsp:

I did put the tweeters inward I have them 3feet from the rear wall.All i can say is WOW.these thing sound like there is no speakers sound comes from everywhere exept the speakers themselves.I think im in love now thanks for the help guys.

great speakers . what a steal

angel mercado said:
I did put the tweeters inward I have them 3feet from the rear wall.All i can say is WOW.these thing sound like there is no speakers sound comes from everywhere exept the speakers themselves.I think im in love now thanks for the help guys.
:music: :music: :music: :music: :music:

Congratulations, $250 for a pair of RSIIb's is a great deal, even if the equalizer box is missing.

I lived with a pair of these from 1986 right through to the late 90's.
Make sure you have a good clean amp, and make sure the fuses are the correct values, and enjoy!

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

angel mercado said:

If you check out Beemer's system. or contact anyone with a manual, you'll find the tweeters should go to the outside. I also remeber (from my own pair purchased new BTW) that Infinity recommends a maximum distance (measured between the midranges) of 8 feet.
FWIW ;--)

nsgarch said:
If you check out Beemer's system. or contact anyone with a manual, you'll find the tweeters should go to the outside. I also remeber (from my own pair purchased new BTW) that Infinity recommends a maximum distance (measured between the midranges) of 8 feet.
FWIW ;--)

Funny, I'm "anyone with a manual", and my manual says:

"The RSIIb speaker system has a right and a left speaker. To identify the right speaker, look at it from the front with its grille removed. The two EMIT tweeters will be on the LEFT side. (When properly positioned, the EMIT tweeters will be towards the center of the room.) It is essential that the right and left speakers are properly located on their respective sides of the room.

For the best stereo image, the tweeters should be two to three meters (seven to ten feet) apart and not less than the same distance from the primary listening area.

To obtain the low coloration and superb stereo imaging of which your RS IIb speakers are capable, it is vital that they are positioned at least 2/3 to one meter (two to three feet) from walls and corners."

FWIW.

David

nsgarch said:
FWIW ;--)

LOL Infinity tweeters to the INSIDE, always! The nekkid pic of my RS1b's was outside in the driveway. Up in the bedroom it's tweeters to the inside :yes:

Enjoy!

Sorry guys -- you're correct, EMITs to the inside! Don't know what I was thinking . . . .

BTW Paul, my new MC275 sounds great with the CLS IIz's. It's going to be tough letting go of the ML 23.5 ;--(

Neil

nsgarch said:
Sorry guys -- you're correct, EMITs to the inside! Don't know what I was thinking . . . .

BTW Paul, my new MC275 sounds great with the CLS IIz's. It's going to be tough letting go of the ML 23.5 ;--(

Neil

Yeah Baby! The new issue 275 is quite an amp. The thing works great on my RS1b panels too. I'm glad it worked out for you Neil. Enjoy!

Best,

Congrats on your outstanding purchase! Everyone here has said all that needs to be paid attention to. Check those fuses often though. Don't know what you are powering them with but bi-amping and good cables help. I have a copy of the manual if you need one. Just north of you in KC. Tweeters always in.

phaedrus said:
Yowza! Heck yes they're good. They're great, in fact. You stumbled on some pretty uncommon speakers that lots of folks are looking for.

For technical info (including a users manual) go to the Infinity Classics site. The RS IIB is under Models->Reference (81-86)->RS IIA/B:

RS-IIB

As far as placement goes, 9 feet separation sounds good. Try to get them a couple feet from the back wall, and preferably three feet or so from side walls.

The tweeters should be on the inside (facing each other).

Did you get the crossover as well?

Great find, congratulations. I think you'll really like them.

David

Sprechen sie deutsch??

That page you reference is in German!:scratch2:

These are a keeper they really put my amt heil speakers to shame lol wow im going to put them further away from the wall around 4 feet to see what happens.thanks for the info guys

marantzfan said:
Sprechen sie deutsch??

That page you reference is in German!:scratch2:

Ich spreche nur ein bisschen Deutsch.

Most of what he needs is in English; click on the "Modelle" button, pick the appropriate series, and the specs show up, as well as any documentation they have. In the case of the RSII, you'd be looking at the "Reference '81-'86" line. Then click on the "RS II(A/B)" button and the specs are all in English, as well as a download of an English language manual.

Sorry if there was any confusion.

David

These seem undervalued for their performance. I'm glad a lot of people feel that older equipment is somehow inferior. Makes great gear affordable.

Back
Top Bottom