Finally done with the recapping of another pair of speakers that I wanted to get done before the spring semester started back! Was supposed to start back today but, with the snow last night, we didn't. So, I'll go to the one class tomorrow weather permitting. I replaced all the electrolytics and mylar caps with new Solen caps and took measurements with my Fluke of the originals....listed below. Obviously, the electrolytics were off some (especially the big ones!) but the mylars were pretty darn close still. I have no meter to check the ESR, though, but that's ok. The speakers are roughly 28 years old and I plan on these being in the "friends and family" for a long time to come. The new Solen caps came in for this pair, and another pair, on Saturday and this afternoon was a great time to work on these. So, over the last couple of weeks, my buddy and I recapped Infinity Quantum 3's and RTR Model II F's and I did my Norman Lab Model 9's, a pair of Genesis G10's (simple one cap deal) and these RSIIIa's. I also have the (6) 1.5uf caps to do my Heresy II's soon and I am waiting on a Parts Express order to come in with some Dayton 5% caps for doing a pair of Polk Monitor 10b's (garage speakers at buddy's house) and a pair of Pioneer HPM-100's. What is that....7 pairs total that will be done? Whew... Fun though! As you can see from the pictures, the RSIIa's are quite easy to recap as the back panel comes out and everything can be easily accessed without de-wiring everything. Nice. It's pretty cut and dried but the space gets a little close on the 6.8uf and 7uf caps but still drop in easily enough. I hit all the other connections with some new solder just to insure a good connection and the stock terminals are going to stay for now. I cleaned them up along with the fuse holder and they're nice and shiny. The cost of the Solen caps thru Madisound (my preferred place for Solen caps) was $77.27 which also included some other caps and parts. (Shipping was $5.37) Well worth the expense for these great sounding speakers. Ok...now for the readings on the stock capacitors. (2) 600uf electrolytic "can caps" in parallel in each speaker for 1200uf total "value" **cap group one = 1375uf **cap group two = 1725 uf (wow!) 19uf mylar caps **cap one = 19.4uf **cap two = 18.3uf (not too bad) 16uf electrolytic caps **cap one = 17.5uf **cap two = 18.2 (2) 3.5uf mylar caps in parallel for a 7.0uf value (replaced with one 7uf cap) **cap group one = 7.5uf **cap group two = 7.2uf (not bad either) 6.8uf electrolytic caps **cap one = 8.05uf **cap two = 8.1uf (a little off) And there you have it.... Here's the before and after pictures.