Infnity Surrounds

Infinitoid

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Anyone here have a clue as to which Infinity surround speaker would match up best with Interlude IL60s, the Alpha 25 or the Beta ES250? Or maybe that slick Kappa surround? I've been looking. Thanks.

Greg

Measure the outer diameter of the existing foam and the inner diameter of same. Ignore the diameter of the cone -- it will be slightly larger than the inner diameter of the foam, and surrounds are not sold by cone diameter.

Email these figures to: stereo@ixpres.com -- and I'll research the best size.

Fred Longworth
http://www.repairaudio.com
StereoTech Classic Audio Repair

Fred, unless your (otherwise fine) post was somehow moved here by mistake, I believe you've just won the Infinity Forum non-sequitur award!

I think the initial post is asking about Infinity suround-sound speakers, not racooning woogers. Another of those damn details... :D

If I may make a bit of a vague suggestion, typically speakers from the same series are good tonal matches. Meaning? A smaller model from the same batch as your big 'uns make for good surrounds.

Beyond that, are you going to be running simple 4.0 or going for the big matrices such as 7.1? With the former, you tend to want a more spread out, indirect sound such as dipoles or some type of reflecting speaker. With the latter, direct radiators such as your typical cone drivers work just fine as there are more of them.

- JP

Back
Top Bottom