Info on Dual cs 505 needed

mrGrosvenor

vintage connoisseur...
Hello,

Hope I can ask this question here...

I bought a Dual cs 505 turntable of Ebay, will receive the TT in a week or so...
According to the seller the TT is about 15 years old and would be made of black colored plastic...this surprised me a little cause I thought all older Duals had a wood or MDF plinth, the ad picture was very poor and blurry so it was impossible to tell from the pic...

I have searched for Dual cs 505 on the net but all that comes up is info on the Duals 505 ;1,2,3 and 4 so I wonder was there a Dual turntable made of "plastic" with just the cs 505 model name or is 505 same as 505:1 ?? im confused... :confused:

Hope someone knows this, and if someone can link to a pic of a Dual cs 505 (not 505:1,2,3 or 4) that would be great :D

Kind regards Grosvenor

Thanks but I dont think its that one, thats a cs 505:4 , the one Im waiting for is just a cs 505 with no additional number in the model name. :)

regards Grosvenor

Hey Mr., I advise you send NoTransistors a PM. He is VERY familiar w/ DUAL.

Hey SPL, that may be a good bet if there was a black-colored version. If it was the first model 505, I doubt it would have a "1" in the model name.

Hi,
It doesent look like that either...

this is is the ad pic, the model number on the box is simple" cs 505" :)
cs5056yk.jpg

Hey Mr. G, I dunno...looking as close as I can (your pic is a bit fuzzy), it looks like the 505-1 on the DUAL site might be it. I am trying to compare the arm assembly. The logo under the cartridge seems to be the same too.

Let us know when you get it!!

Yes I will let you all know when it gets here... I just saw the auction a couple of minutes before it ended and the price was unusual low for a Dual TT (especially one with the original box) so I decided to bid on it... I also noticed the logo under the cartridge... I have a feeling it could be a vintage TT and much older than the 15 years the seller stated.

Kind regards Grosvenor :)

Thanks "EskimoPie", you know ...I think your´re right! it does look like that one...its just strange that mine does not have any aditional "1", "2", "3" or "4" in the model name.

Time will tell. :)

regards Grosvenor

I have a 505-3 with a veneer-over-MDF plinth; inset into the top of the plinth is a black metal plate that carries the guts of the TT and I think what you're seeing in the eBay shot is that metal plate.

Hi,

Thanks...

Anyone know where I can find/download a manual for this TT? I checked the Vinyl engine but they didnt have this particular model listed...

regards Grosvenor

Back
Top Bottom