1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Info Request for Bell Sound Labs Model 2300

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by GuySmith, Apr 11, 2010.

1. GuySmith

GuySmith New Member

I recently found a Bell "Hi Fidelity Model 2300" amplifier, but am unable to find any literature or specs for it - does anyone out there in good old Karma Land have any info on this? I (hopefully) attached two photos of it (front and back) which may help identify it a bit better.

Thanks much for your assistance.

Best Regards, Guy.

Attached Files:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Phototone

Phototone Super Member

Nice little bell monophonic amp, probably uses a pair of 6v6 in push-pull.

3. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

It's right on the cusp before Bell went to stereo gear and dropped mono. I believe the reason there is so little info out there is that it was only offered for one year, possibly less. It shares some styling cues with later Bell products such as the 3030 & 6060 Carillon but nothing with the earlier mono gear. I've only seen one other & never seen it in any vintage catalog such as Allied, Newark, etc.

KentTeffeteller likes this.
  4. Tom Bavis

Tom Bavis Audiophool Subscriber

And it didn't make it into Sams...

5. tshoejohn

tshoejohn Super Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  6. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Great catch, I commend you for your patience. As cool as it is having ready access to the RS catalogs, the interface drives me crazy.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. zenith2134

zenith2134 Addicted Member

Nice unit. One thing's for sure---that AC cord's gotta go. I see it is frayed where it enters the back of the cabinet.

8. tshoejohn

tshoejohn Super Member

My Bell 6060 is in the 1960 RS Catalog, so I figured it would be a few years before that.

9. radioterry

radioterry Active Member

I realize that this is an old thread, but I just picked up a Bell 2300. Does anyone know where I can get a schematic for it?

TIA,

Terry