Inherited SX-450, great sound no lights?

nidakeed

Hello all, this is my first post. Hoping that someone may have an easy fix for a small problem? My mother-in-law recently donated her old SX-450 to my collection. I got it cleaned up it starts up well with no obvious power switch issues. It pulls in stations well and both channels are full power. Only issue is that the lamps are all out including the orange power indicator. I was going to replace all the bulbs but I don't think this ever was used very much so I checked the voltage to the bulbs. It reads 0 when the unit is powered on. The stereo indicator does light up and measures about 7.5v. Am I missing something obvious and should just replace the lamps or is there something else going on here? Thanks to anyone looking that might have ideas!

Fuse F3 is the lighting fuse. They run on AC.
If all are out, it might be that fuse.

Didn't even think to check if they were ac or D.C. I'll see if that fuse is the culprit.
Thanks!
Lights all work great at this point! It looks really nice. Now if only the whole thing didn't flicker for a couple minutes on start up..... From reading, it looks to be the power switch but I don't have the heart to open everything all up again when it sounds so nice!

That power switch is a piece of work for sure. I'd probably just set it on speaker A and plug it into a power strip and use the strip for on/off.

Back
Top Bottom