Initium-II Loudspeaker a free DIY design....

ScottHinson

A while ago I released a couple of different DIY designs based on the LS3/5a enclosure size and construction, the DIYRM-A and DIYRM-B. The -A used the no longer available (unless PE decides to rerelease it under a different part number with modifications) RS28F tweeter. The -B uses the Vifa horn loaded soft dome tweeter and is actually a time domain accurate speaker, so a pretty cool design in it's own right.

Since the RS28F is off the market, I thought I'd release a new design, the Initium-II. My first commercial product was called the Initium and it used the long ago cancelled Peerless CSX 6" woofer and an MDT-22. It was a relatively small box tuned to the mid 50's that took great advantage of the small center to center spacing afforded by the tiny faceplate of the MDT-22.

The Initium-II uses a Dynavox woofer, and the Vifa XT small face plate ring radiator, in an identically sized enclosure.

I finally finished the design document for it...22 pages, 19 diagrams, more measurements than you can shake a stick at. (Unless it's microphone stick...then don't shake it...)

I'll try to respond some here, but there are so many forums, so many places for discussion...please head over to...

https://www.facebook.com/DIYRM/

For a google drive download link and more information.

Thanks!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom