Input on one of my auctions

RuSsMaN

Pudknocker
Not a shameless plug, I don't need it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5746769123&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

I've had TWO emails (you can see one answered at the bottom of the auction) asking if the amp was in working condition, what tubes it has in it, etc etc.

It's fairly obvious to me that I'm just selling a chassis band / bottom plate - does anything seem confusing to you guys/gals? By looking at the auction, would you be under ANY impression you were getting a complete amplifier?

Cheers,
Russ

ummm... looks like an "L" shaped piece of metal to me! Pretty self-explanatory. Not something I'd pay 50+ bucks for, BTW... maybe I would feel differently about it if I were trying to restore one of these :)

Yes it's working!

You should have told the guy "it is performing 100% of it's intended function"
and that "no audible deficinecies can be noted in regards to it's performance"

It doesn't look broken to me so it must be ir "perfect working order" :thmbsp:

Well, I'd pay $50 for it, there might be Telefunken or Mullard tubes in there!...oh wait, it's a piece of steel...

Yup, kinda obvious.

I think it is the fact that you clearly and in plain language spelled out what it is that is confusing people :wtf:

Looks pretty straight forward to me. You just got one of them "Here's your sign" people.

Gotta ask wheres the amp ? :)

I agree that it's pretty obvious what it is. I guess my only comment is that in one shot there is other gear in the background.

IMHO its always better to have nothing in the background to distract the audiance. I use a couple of yards of uphostery fabric and drape it so there is a "floor" and a backdrop with not even a seam. SWMBO has several colors she uses for her photography at times.

It won't eliminate silly questions but it may keep some of the totally imaginitave from asking silly questions...

They won't.

Russ, maybe you need to add a little warning, something like:

ATTENTION MORONS: THIS IS NOT AN AMP, AS IS CLEARLY VISIBLE IN THE DESCRIPTION AND PICTURES. IF YOU THOUGHT IT WAS, PLEASE BID ON SOMEONE ELSES' AUCTION. Thank You.

Pete

Well, some people don't bother to read the fine details. (Remember the fine line that some tricky ads try to lure you?) They only look at picture and the picture (to me) at first I thought it was a complete unit. Only when I read thru and by your warning then I realize it is only a piece of sheetmetal. I believe it needs to be clarified a little more on the tittle. But this is only my opinions and too late now. Wonder if the winner changes his bid afterward!

ya could add a small pcb, couple of 6v6's, maybe a couple of T05 cases, and relist for a higher price........oh wait......would that be a hybrid????????? :naughty: (we had a "hardware expert" at work that was asking if the 6550 in his 21" monitor was causing the screen to jitter) :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom