Inquiring Mind Wants to Know....

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
Anybody else been in a real bad mood since Zappa left the planet? I can't seem to get out of this FUNK, if you know what I mean. God I miss that man. Not for the social commentary, but for that uncategorizable music, and the best bands I ever heard.

Toasted Almond

Not me

Personally I've never understood the "Zappa thing". But I'm not looking for an explaination either. Thats like asking "what's up with Coltrane?" If you have to ask chances are you'll never get it. Don't feel bad, I've been in a funk ever since The Beatles broke up. These things take time.

MikE

Not Sure

Cannot comment on individual moods;(Hell that's why they are called individual). ;)

Toasted and Mike l can sure understand why the music business is in a funk, Crap (sorry l mean Rap); Boy groups; Britney Speers (All other clones); etc, etc.

Yeh l know l'm an old fart (According to my 18 year old daughter who loves rap), l tell her l'm :cool:

Zappa was important to me in 1969 - 1973 my hippy days; Beatles 1963 to today. Possible solution to beat the funk, this Labour Day weekend kick back; fire up the system (SS, Tube doesn't matter); open a cold one and listen to some music.

HAPPY LABOUR DAY :D

Everybody I'd actually pay money to see, is dead. Not that I'd pay money to see them NOW, I just wish they weren't dead. Zappa, Jimi Hendrix, and Buddy Rich. I had the good fortune to see them all perform ALIVE.

I'm not sure I want to come up with the cash for a show today either. August 1969, I saw Jimi Hendrix for $2.50. The warm up bands included The Soft Machine, The Chambers Bros., and Janis Joplin w/ Big Brother and the Holding Company.

Buddy used to do all those free outdoor summer concerts. Caught one of those too. During a break, I made the mistake of asking Buddy for one of his sticks. The look I got would've melted a Buick. You would've thought I said something about his mom. He kind of grumbled under his breath about "These things cost money." Yeah RIGHT Buddy. Like you actually paid for a stick since the 40's.

Toasted Almond

Damn! I KILLED FRANK! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I hurled myself off a cliff.

Toasted Almond

Yea toasted, I miss Frank too :( Even the social commentary.
He had good Ideals, Good music. Heck I'd have voted for him for
prez. After listening to his music, alot of folks would just think he was another weirdo, but he was a very intelligent man.

Derek

I've enjoyed most of the Zappa stuff I've ever heard, but was never a big fan. What has depressed me was when Captain Beefheart left the music business.

The most depressing thing for me was watching teh SNL rerun of my 50 th birthday and seeing thet crawl on the bottom of the screen saying that John Entwistle has died.

I certainly understand your pain.

Agreed Derek. SUPER intelligent. But as I said in a previous post, IN MY OPINION, the most prolific American composer of the 20th century, and right now "Isn't he the guy who had his picture taken on the toilet?" There's a certain irony in this. He'll have to be dead at least another hundred yrs in order to get the musical credit.

I am transmitting from the Antelope Valley in California. Virtually, Zappa/Beefheart central. I can SEE Billy the Mountain, residing between lovely Rosamond and Gorman.

Toasted Almond

Back
Top Bottom