INSPIRE STEREO TUBE AMPLIFIER by DENNIS HAD

Alex,

Last fall I bought an Inspire ‘Fire Bottle’ SE Stereo Tube Amplifier HO. I love it.

I saved an eBay search based on Dennis' seller name (radioman731), and when an amp listed, I pounced. Since then, I've seen his amps listed and sold within a few hours.

I wanted a little more power because I listen to classical music, so the SEP amp suited my needs. (The SEP amp ships with KT88, but I run 6L6GC/5AR4/6DJ8.)

Looking at Dennis' eBay Seller feedback, it looks like in the last 6 months he's sold mostly the KT88 amp, plus a few 6V6, and a few pre-amps.

What kind of music do you listen to? How large of a room? How loud do you like to listen?

FYI, there's a discussion occurring in another thread about SET and SEP amps, and their suitability for different speakers and different types of music: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ready-to-enter-the-set-world.717924/

Last edited:
Alex, I have owned one of Dennis's "Fire Bottle" amps since January of 2015. Before I bought mine, I contacted him through eBay and described my system, room and music tastes. He made some recommendations to me, let me choose my chassis color, then contacted me when he was building the amp, and notified me when it was available on eBay for purchase. Mine is labelled as a 6L6 "Fire Bottle" but takes 6L6, KT88, KT77, or 6V6 power tubes. Although I have tried all 4 tube types, I usually listen using 6V6GT tubes.

He doesn't build an integrated Pre, but does build preamps, headphone amps and was toying with a phono preamp.

Glenn

Last edited:
Thanks for all the information guys ill try contacting him again. Im actually currently running a JOB 225 and haven't tried low lowered amps before. Am i in for a sonic shock? Big difference?

STEREO TUBE PREAMPLIFIER INSPIRE by DENNIS HAD 27A

on the back panel there are 5 pairs of plugs RCA
tell me what to connect where
as it is not marked
Thank you very much for your answer
Best regards, Sergii
s-l1600.jpg

A little catching up...

The new PSE (Parallel Single Ended) Amp with the new Infinite Impedance Power Supply...

The prototype for the new phono pre amp....

3w3MBA7.jpg

Another prototype. A quad PSE good for potentially 40 WPC of single ended power....

Hello to all, I am new to this can someone please help me how to get in touch with Mr Dennis Had or how I can get one of him amp. Thank you very much.

My Inspire LP-3a preamplifier arrived today from Dennis Had. It uses 3 6sn7 tubes and a type 80 rectifier tube. It sounds amazingly wonderful. It sounds better in the same system than my McIntosh C2500.
IMG_1128.JPG

A beauty Bob! I have an LP-27a that I have been running as of late with a pair of Quad IIs think you're going to continue loving what you're hearing...

Nice LP-3a!

I think my LP-27a, running 56 tubes, is one amazing sounding preamp. I may even like it better than my McIntosh C100A.

A beauty Bob! I have an LP-27a that I have been running as of late with a pair of Quad IIs think you're going to continue loving what you're hearing...

I am running my LP-3a with either an Inspire 45 Fire Bottle or an Inspire KT66 HotRod. One thing I have noticed is that anything Dennis Had makes sounds good right out of the box.

I am running my LP-3a with either an Inspire 45 Fire Bottle or an Inspire KT66 HotRod. One thing I have noticed is that anything Dennis Had makes sounds good right out of the box.

Saturday I swapped the rectifier in the LP-3a with a NOS RCA UX-280 globe shape. The LP-3a sounds better with the globe shaped RCA type 80 than the coke bottle shaped RCA type 80.

Tonight I put a pair of National Union 350B(made by Western Electric) tubes and a NOS RCA 6SN7GTB tube in the Inspire KT66 Hot Rod. The 350B's sound better with my Klipsch La Scalas than the KT66's.

Back
Top Bottom