Interesting.... by accident

Charlie

At Sea
This is an old photo that I found several years ago at a local flea market. I decided to give the woman the 25 cents for it because the shot seemed so innocently interesting.

It appears that the subject is to be the little boy standing in the yard with the turkeys. I'm curious to know what the boy is thinking as he stands there scratching his head in wonder.

Looks like the old farmhouse could use a coat of Sherwin Williams. The roof on the shed behind the boy looks like it's about to fall to the right. The stanchion holding the bucket over the well is about to fall to the left. There is an old car parked under the tree to the left... looks like from the 40's or early 50's.

Maybe the boy is thinking "Man why couldn't I have been born fifty years later???"

Anyway, I've always been intrigued by this photo, and just wanted to share it.

Last edited:
Impressive, CK! But, ya should have made some repairs to the roof on the shed before a breeze comes along and blows it completely down! :D

If I'm not mistaken, that looks like an old style washing mashine with a wringer under the roof... just directly behind the boy.

Seems everytime I look at it, I notice something different.

I think I know what the boy is thinking.....

"Pa sez dat da reason everthang around here is going to hell in a hand cart is cuz a too much wild turkey ! What the heck these dang birds got ta do wit it?"

I think it fits :D Cool Photo !

Cheers
Army

I think the boy is Navin R. Johnson!
His family later tore down that shack and built a bigger one!

photo

Whats really interesting is that those are wild North American turkeys.Wild turkeys just don't warm up to human contact,thats what I find interesting.That and its an awesome black and white shot.Thanks for sharing.

Love that picture

I love that pic. . . I fooled with a little bit more. Notice the car just passing by in front of the house. . .

I think this boy is scoping out which turkey he has to get ready for supper. . .

Back
Top Bottom