Interesting EV's on the bay

Agreed.
Seller is sitting on (5) pair, so probably willing to deal. after looking at spec sheets I am a little more interesting in how they would perform. Tagged at 33 hz min usable and meant to be hung from ceiling.

The black version was a popular PA speaker back in the day. I would bet these were a church pull.

Those are my favorite single box EV's from that period, excellent sounding speakers. The mid and tweet are a bit fragile for general PA duty, but they sound very good, IMO better than a lot of more highly coveted speakers here at AK.

His BIN of 890 represents the cost of a pair when new.

wondering....

How would these stack up against the Sentry 3's to which I am familier.

I know the only real common thing they share is the tweeter, loooking at spec sheet the woofer appears to be a 15 but not same as Sentry.

Woofers should be EVM-15B's, probably raw metal versions with no paint or magnet covers. A venerable "jack of all trades" woofer. It's been so long since i've heard Sentry's that i couldn't make a meaningful comparison.

Hey man I know this is delayed, but get em if you can. I have a pair of perfect condition all original S15-3's which are the stage version of those, and they sound great. No, you won't get bone pounding bass out of them but they are probably the brightest, warmest pro speaker around because of the cone mid range and the 3-way design.

And sentry's will have better bass then the FR300's or S15-3's at low volumes because of their intended use but the FR300's will perform better the louder you put them, believe me, they'll open up.

Hey man I know this is delayed, but get em if you can. I have a pair of perfect condition all original S15-3's which are the stage version of those, and they sound great. No, you won't get bone pounding bass out of them but they are probably the brightest, warmest pro speaker around because of the cone mid range and the 3-way design.

And sentry's will have better bass then the FR300's or S15-3's at low volumes because of their intended use but the FR300's will perform better the louder you put them, believe me, they'll open up.

His price is too high and the shipping would totally kill anybody's budget.

haha but ya, price is too much, I didn't touch on that

similar EV S15-3's like mine go for $200-$300
and they were more expensive then the FR300's when they were offered to begin with

Back
Top Bottom