Interesting phone discussion tonight

AudioLancelot

Omniscientist
I phoned this guy today in response to an ad. He and a friend are making Klipsch Cornerhorn replicates and will custom modify to suit. He is a tool and die maker and his buddy is an electrical engineer. At the moment he has 2 pair of replicates made this time with 18" bass horns instead of conventional 15" bass horns. He has a pair of real Klipsch Cornerhorns hooked up beside the replicates and you are welcome to compare the sound. He claims they sound better. He can add normal horns to modify the systems. He has Electro-voice and JBL speakers/horns to utilize. He has Dynaco and Macintosh tube amps to drive his systems.

He stated he and his buddy have been making speakers now on the side for 10 years. The buddy's father was an electrical engineer also who worked for Canadian Cabinents on Weber St. in Kitchener, ON who were under license from Klipsch to build their speakers for the Canadian market from 1976 to 1994. TheY have the original shop prints from the company and have transferred these to Cad Cam.

He has invited me anytime to come and see them and to view his systems. His name is Davel , lives at 323 Conservation Rd in Kitchener-Waterloo ...519-884-4073. He said the asking price for a pair is $900.

Dennis

That seems really reasonable, you'll have to go give us a listen and let us know what you think.

Let us know what the deal is, and take some pix if you can.

Would like to see what they're making. Interesting....

I am just curious to hear what he thinks, if I ever got any Klipsch speakers, which I doubt I will, I would get Cornwalls. But I believe my speaker buying days are over, nothing could replace my CV's, they are huge and impressive looking, they are mucho rare, and they play stupendously loud while sounding awesome doing it. I just ain't gonna find anything that'll beat that combination for the kind of $$$ I'd ever be willing to spend.

Hi A.L.,

Very interesting post indeed! Please keep us posted.
Ohhh...they are located in Canada? Are they located closer to the East Coast (I am in Maine) or the West Coast?

SixCats!

Is that $900 Canadian or US? If Canadian it is like $600+ US. 519 is northern Ontario, around Ottawa.

Back
Top Bottom