Interesting: Pioneer receivers made especially for the European Market

sx626

Look at this – very interesting:

This is a Pioneer LX-626 – a version of the SX-626 that was only made for the European markets. Amp and preamp are the same, but tuner is different: The tuner of the LX-626 has an additional long wave-band, slightly better technical specifications and a tuning-center-meter instead of a signal-strength-meter. As the LX-626 was introduced about a year after the SX-626, it has traditional speaker connections instead of the special Pioneer-speaker-plugs. As far as I know, the following Pioneer-LX-receivers were made: LX-424, LX-626, LX-434, LX-450, LX-550.
Look also at the CS-E400 speakers: They were assembled in Switzerland!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=19677&item=3835328831&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Many thanks for this legacy post. Very helpful info. Purchased a mint LX-626 a couple of months ago for $180...the case is immaculate-whoever owned this over the years did take care of it. Internals look good, but I am planning on a recap later this year. I did the basic cleaning, including pots/contacts with Deoxit or F5. No issues...but the caps are original...so the inevitable is to be avoided. Downside...the faceplate letters are a bit faded.

Back
Top Bottom