Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

WOLLENSACK
vinAd66Wollensak5.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's from an ad, but it is interesting.
(One of my favorite audio pictures of yore)
It might just qualify as an early boom box.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Audio Kitchen system.jpg
    Audio Kitchen system.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 1,812
Don't know why, but this one always makes me smile.

...and this has always struck me as one of the stupidest marketing angles ever put in print. Or, maybe I've been mistaken all these years, and sound IS actually generated from ones EARS!

Last edited:
I bought a box of 1970s Playboys and Penthouses last year at an auction and after reading the articles, I cut out a bunch of the stereo ads. Here's a couple ones I found:

1128_pd2128784_1.jpg

AKAI-2400-2600.jpg

Got one of these too..

$(KGrHqFHJFIFEyJ)ZKmQBRNpgtSlq!~~60_57.JPG

Holy crap, a 1978 Z1-R!
In 1979 I was 18 years old and bought a just traded in "78" Z1-R that had 1900 miles on it.
It had a Denco left exit header on it.
I traded in my 1972 500-4 Honda.
I had Al Taylor of Al Taylor racing do his majic on setting up the tune on the motor. Cam timing and such.
Got my first ticket on that Z1-R.
I did a full smoke show burnout in the Hollis town common with all my friends cheering me on. The local police came by just as I was leaving.
My dad was none too happy when Officer Morse showed up at the house that evening to serve me the ticket.
Ohh the memories are streaming back.
Thanks for bringing that back to me.

Al. Wise

Just got this in the mail to go with my speakers. I'm going to frame it and hang it up. I also got one coming for my Pioneer SX-828.

Jensen PR-400

Bonus Dual 1009 add on the back.

About a third of the way down the first of the flicker appliance ads: 'HORNYPHON' -- How did we not get this company in the US?

Back
Top Bottom