Interesting Stereo Ads? Post a pic for memory lane's sake.

Marantz, France

marantz72.jpg

Any one who was serious about their Sound systems had a R2R. We used them to dub our precious records to prevent wear from repeated plays and handling. We new better cartridges would be coming, so we saved our records. We exchanged records and made dubs. We dubbed live broadcasts off FM, and yes we made our own party tapes. The only way to really enjoy classical recordings was via pre-recorded tape. No inner groove distortion, no pops, clicks, or worry about scratches. Yes tapes had issues and could be fragile,too. Now I was fortunate; I paid for college and my cars using my Tape recorders doing remotes for a radio station and producing master tapes for producing LP's. You have never experienced great analog sound until you have heard a Master tape being played via great monitors speakers. Recordings made with professional Dolby and Professional DBX noise reduction systems could equal or surpass early CD digital recordings easily. Sadly the Professional Are all gone but one. The B-77 Revox and F4460 home machines are packed away as are a few mics and a tube mixer I was very fond of. I made my last All tube analog master tape in 1994 for the anniversary of a local Dixieland group recreation that was popular back at the turn of the 1900's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom