Internet Radio Stations

RadioIO.com - something like 60 stations. Up to 192k. By FAR my favorite.

Pandora, but 128 streams aren't great. They're working on 192 & 256 for paid subscribers, it's available for computer listening now but not for stand-alone devices like Squeezebox...yet.

RadioIO.com - something like 60 stations. Up to 192k. By FAR my favorite.

Pandora, but 128 streams aren't great. They're working on 192 & 256 for paid subscribers, it's available for computer listening now but not for stand-alone devices like Squeezebox...yet.

There are Pandora apps for iPhone and Android. Both work well. Not high fidelity, obviously.

I actually subscribe for $5/month to http://www.sky.fm which includes their sister site http://www.di.fm (electronic based music) to get 256k streams for a variety of music. I usually play these through my Roku M500 (I set them up as presets) and feed them to an external DAC and they sound very good. Usually listen to 70's, Smooth Jazz, Classical Guitar, Contemporary Christian and Chillout Dreams. Fact is I listen to these stations at least 20-30 minutes per day while I'm at home.

Wolfgang is familiar

THE internet radio station!!!
Wolfgang's Vault

The Story.....
Bill Graham and his concert promotion company, Bill Graham Presents, produced more than 35,000 concerts all over the world. His first venue, the legendary Fillmore Auditorium, was home to many of rock's greatest performers - Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors, The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Prince - and the list goes on and on.

Graham taped thousands of live performances and stored the tapes in the basement of the BGP headquarters. These tapes and the concerts they captured lay dormant until the Bill Graham archive was acquired by Wolfgang's Vault (Bill Graham's given first name was Wolfgang) in 2003.

Vault Radio is now playing selected tracks from these concerts in an FM-quality, 128K digital radio stream. Songs will be added to and removed from the radio show on a regular basis. We will be broadcasting unaltered live performance music from many of the greatest bands of the last 40 years. The music you hear on Vault Radio has not been sweetened or polished. You'll be listening to what the band played that night - nothing more, nothing less.
I've experienced this it's good!

I've experienced this it's good!

I just found the Wolfgang Vault (reading this post on AK) and WOW!!! there is some great live music on this site. Listening right now to a 2 hour Dire Straits concert and there is something about hearing Mark Knopfler playing live the strings only the way he could. Even the downloadable music isn't overly priced IMHO. May have to support this site with a little of my $$$ :thmbsp:

KEXP 90.3 FM offers a lossless stream, the first I've ever seen. Sounds absolutely superb! Lossledss is the way to go. Tune it in and be flummoxed along with me!

I used to be a live 365 subscriber but I'm on Pandora now. Great sound and great music, available on lots of platforms makes it just about unbeatable. Even though the iPod version is supposedly only 128k I listen to it on my main system daily and can't find a lot to fault with the sound.

Gene Harris is just killin' on the piano right now....

Jblnut

Fusion 101 on Live 365. The only Fusion Jazz station I could find. Groups like Weather Report, Return to Forever, Mahavishnu Orchistra...128 kbps

And my favorite; Youtube, it's amazing what you can find.

I just found the Wolfgang Vault (reading this post on AK) and WOW!!! there is some great live music on this site. Listening right now to a 2 hour Dire Straits concert and there is something about hearing Mark Knopfler playing live the strings only the way he could. Even the downloadable music isn't overly priced IMHO. May have to support this site with a little of my $$$ :thmbsp:

It's a no-brainer--Do the WVIP deal for $48 and they give you an immediate $50 credit toward any swag or music on the site. :smoke:

Pandora is my favorite and I have a number of "Stations" programmed with my choices. The system works really well. By the way, I just purchased a new Grace Digital Audio model GDI-IRDT200 FM/Internet audio tuner. I did a short review of it in the review section. It sells for $220 and is an amazing device!

Pandora is my favorite and I have a number of "Stations" programmed with my choices. The system works really well. By the way, I just purchased a new Grace Digital Audio model GDI-IRDT200 FM/Internet audio tuner. I did a short review of it in the review section. It sells for $220 and is an amazing device!

Whats the difference of this from a squeezebox touch?

Glad I found this in my wanderings.
I have to toot the station I am on, www.area24radio.com
We are a free-form non-commercial radio station. We have a nice little studio with vinyl and cds (mostly).

Each of the dj's has their own take on life and music and I enjoy each of the other dj's shows. If we get terribly large, I may not be able to say that, but at this point I can.
We stream 24/7 and if a dj is not in the studio, we play previously recorded shows.
Free form means we each do as we please. And non-commercial also frees us from commercial time or promotions. We are listener supported. No one is taking a salary, we are there for the love of music and radio. Money goes towards rent, music and replacing equipment as necessary.

As an example my last show ranged from Les Paul to Motown to John Prine to The White stripes to Elvin Bishop to Vanilla Fudge to.. I think you get the point. Sometimes I am more tightly focused and other times I am more free-ranging.

Personally I enjoy radio that has dj's. So hopefully you give a listen and enjoy. Feel free to let me know if you like it or not. I have pretty thick skin. :)

kjag.com

kjag.com

i actually don't listen to music - for me it is work

aand - these guys did a interview with me about a week ago -

so - this is just a shout out

Back
Top Bottom