1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Internet Radio Stations

Discussion in 'Streaming Services' started by Reel 2 Reel, Feb 4, 2006.

1. michaelhigh

michaelhigh mind's eye music

Illinois Street Lounge on Soma FM.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
    Amcrebelfan likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. satkinsn

satkinsn low end audio Subscriber

Great channel!

s.

3. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

enjoy it while you can. ;)

4. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier Subscriber

Must have missed this discussion. :)

At this minute, I have Pandora playing one of my tweaked stations: it is a mix of salsa and mambo, so it is playing anything from Eddie Palmieri to Tito Puente and Perez Prado. A nice mix! I like it best for musical discovery. I have a fusion jazz station I've tweaked for several years that has helped me discover a lot of new (to me) music, including a group like Return To Forever which I'd heard of but never really had gotten into.

The TuneIn app on my phone and tablet is cool, as it not only gets local and distant radio stations, I found a cool Internet station out of NYC called Salsa Warriors, complete with live DJs. Great listening!

5. satkinsn

satkinsn low end audio Subscriber

I sent Soma some money the other day.

I assume nothing new to report on the royalties front.

s.

6. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

All is still choppy on the front. Many shut down and many still weighing options (geoblocking, non-profit, downsizing) Many scurried off to Belgium based Radionomy for the free bandwidth and promise of "all royalties being paid". Silly bastards. Alas, just when their naive refugee heels were cooling, Radionomy got "busted" (lawsuit) for outright non-payment of royalties to SX.
    :whip:
    ...it's a toilet.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016

7. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

This might be a little off topic but is Reel Radio around/? Thanks

8. Flippo63

Flippo63 Active Member

Just got into listening to the Linn stations (classical and jazz) really enjoy them and they stream 320KBPS.

uofmtiger likes this.
  9. Reel 2 Reel

Reel 2 Reel Mad Dog Junkie

Every time I got the tunes playin ...hehehehe ... sorry ...got cought up in the moment ...:beerchug:

10. Reel 2 Reel

Reel 2 Reel Mad Dog Junkie

I just noticed last week that Pandora has brought back the

Annual Plan - Best value, includes one month free!
    ($54.89 per year + $4.53 sales tax)

I have had a subscription to pandora for ..jeeeze...almost 10 years now ...use it almost constantly ...

I have tried other internet stations ...but ... i keep comming back

11. ccdowenye

ccdowenye Active Member

Radio Paradise
    Soma FM (love Left Coast 70s)
    Pandora
    Slacker Radio
    A ton of different stations on Tune in (love San Francisco 70s Hits)
    IHeart albeit rarely
    And Amazon only because I'm a Prime Member

12. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

I ALSO highly recommend SOMA FM from San Francisco. Their audio sound is very good, and they do play stuff with very deep bass. I listen to "Secret Agent" , "7" Soul", and Groove Salad. They have about 30+ streams.

13. pfekula

pfekula AK Subscriber Subscriber

When I am working on my computer I will listen to Internet radio on iTunes, one of my favorites is "3WK.COM Classic Undergroundradio: Genre-shattering 60's/70's underground radio featuring an enormous catalogue and deep tracks from known and unknown artists." Like the fact that they play things I never heard before or something lost in my deepest memories.

14. +48V

+48V hi-fi or die

Of many, this one has been in my wheelhouse for several years.
    " Americana Roots music for Cowhands, Cowpokes and Cowtippers."

Boot Liquor - SomaFM

Desktop or Mobile app. Also via iTunes Internet radio directory or TuneIn.com

A snip sampling.......

15:50:03 (Now) Jenny Kerr Tijuana Waltz Extra Strength
    15:47:03 Carolyn Mark & NQ Arbuckle Too Sober To Sleep Let's Just Stay Here
    15:44:18 Gourds Blankets Cow Fish Fowl or Pig
    15:40:52 Edith Frost Sing Me Back Home The Executioner's Last Songs, Volume 1
    15:38:15 Scott Miller On A Roll Citation (With The Commonweal
    15:35:53 Slobberbone Engine Joe Barrel Chested
    15:33:00 Guy Clark If I Needed You Somedays The Song Writes You
    15:29:48 Adam Carroll Tears In My Gumbo Let It Choose You
    15:25:25 Oldtime Stringband That's The Way It Goes Gotta quit kickin' my dog around

:beatnik:

15. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

Me too
    Me too, +48V. They say "the more you drink the better they sound!" Who can argue with that?

16. NaimNut

NaimNut Member

Radio Paradise @ AAC 320kb/s

Naim Radio @ MP3 320kb/s

Image 22.jpg

17. E.Auer

E.Auer Super Member

I recently started using Accuradio.

128kps AAC. I like their selections a lot.

http://www.accuradio.com/

Android an IOS apps available.

[​IMG]

Eric

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  18. Ronald1973

Ronald1973 8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man

As I lamented in another thread, it seems every other station here is "pop-country" nonsense with Florida Georgia Line and Luke (Puke?) Bryan. Even the two or three "oldies" stations somehow seem to get plenty of Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney played. We have an "easy" station that actually plays more old country than the country stations.

Pandora is pretty good, but there are really no rarities. When I try to play traditional newer stuff, it manages to throw in Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, etc. I customized a radio station with tons of different artists, but in a short time, I heard Johnny Cash 3 times (love Johnny, but how about some variety?) and it just seems to play stuff I already know with little exception.

Clue a fella in on some good stations that will play country anywhere from the 20's through the 90's. Good Southern Gospel like The Happy Goodmans and The Hinsons would be good also.

19. sberger

sberger Hard Core Geezer Subscriber

WFMU is a great station, but they have a terrific alternate internet stream called Give The Drummer Radio, which is a 24/7 mix of live and recorded eclectic programming that I'm pretty sure you can't hear anywhere else. A favorite show is Destination Out on Sunday mornings from 9-12 AM eastern, and like all their shows available for rebroadcast shortly after. DJ Jeff Golick does a terrific job of playing incredible stuff, new and old, with the focus being on avant garde jazz, electronic, ambient, but also choice rock and folk, and other, just plain old out there music. A great way to catch up on lots of new stuff, and get turned on to stuff you've never heard. http://wfmu.org/playlists/DO

Give The Drummer Radio http://wfmu.org/table?period=7115

Another 'FMU show on their main channel that I listen to regularly is the Avant Ghetto, on Sunday nights/Monday mornings from 12-3 am est. This one is more heavy on obscure psych and stoner rock, choice Dead, and even some more avant jazz. Well worth catching. Also available for streaming at a later date for you convenience. https://wfmu.org/playlists/AH

Lastly, I tune into Little Water Radio, based in NYC, every Thursday from 3-5 PM EST for James "The Hound" Marshall's show. A legendary NYC rock'n'roll impresario who had a classic show on WFMU in the 80's/90's, he shares his incredible obscure hillbilly, rockabilly, and r'n'b 45's every weeks, James is one of the foremost collectors in the world, and here he plays stuff that you will not hear anywhere else, intertwined with funny radio commercials and comedy bits from the old darys. Internet stream means he can say and do as he pleases, and he likes to go off on political rants using raw language so be forewarned if that offends you, or you have young'uns in the room. http://www.littlewaterradio.org/the-hound

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    drew_t and E.Auer like this.
  20. E.Auer

E.Auer Super Member

http://www.accuradio.com/country/

Eric